WnSoft Forums

release images?

bckspc0

bckspc0

welcome to the forum

i think what you are looking for is not readily available -- a decompiler - -but as Boxig pointed out to me the other day if you decompile you would likely get just code

so if you have lost the original pictures do a screen shot of each

i think boxig has an utility to help in thte screen shot process

see

http://www.thailandphotoalbum.com Programs, utilities, Thailand Photo Albums.

http://www.CDautorunMenu.com CD Menu Program

http://www.phoneticthaidictionary.com Phonetic English - Thai Dictionary

ken

I’m not sure if I’ve misunderstood the topic here, so please bear with me and forgive my ignorance.

Am I correct in thinking that someone has posted here for the first time and asked how to rip off the images embedded in a P2E presentation, and been given the info they wanted?

If this is the case then the main reason for using P2E (the security of the images) has just been wiped out in an instant.

Please, please tell me that I’m mistaken.

Steve S

welcome to the forum

the topic has been covered many many times

nothing is sacred on the web

and if you were a member of the forum or an owner of a show -- you had the exe saved to a cd-r your computor crashed and you lost all you pictures

would you not want to know how you could recover them from the exe

this has happened to so many members of the forum that boxig made his little program to make it easier for them to recover their picts.

you can buy video authoring software that comes with a screen capture feature built in

we have no control over our shows once they leave our computer

we do not advocate ripping -- the person that you referred to may have posted for the first time but has owned ptoe for some time

i owned it for +- 6 mos before i even found the forum

if there is a will there is a way

ken

:) Hello:

For our firm the solution is simple - whenever we include a presentation, we provide images as thumbnails (200x200 or smaller), separate from the PTE program - they can be used for comping or requesting a larger version of the image (as shown in PTE). ALL of our PTE images are watermarked. Tastefully, and typically without objection from the end-viewer.

Ultimately, it is only keeping the honest person, honest. If someone truly wants an image they will find a way of extracting it. However, should we find one of images appearing publicly elsewhere (and we have) we contact the offending organization or individual immediately and typically remedy the situation in a satisfactory manner.

Also we clearly state in the setup program (via a license agreement) the copyright and intellectual property information and then it is simply up to those who view the program if in good faith they STILL have a desire to use them commercially, - BTW we have no objection to using something on a personal level for a wallpaper or screensaver.

Regards,

FX Designer ;)

FXDesigner’s approach to protecting his images is reasonable and prudent. The situation I see here is different.

By making freely available, without any checks or restrictions, a tool for ripping out the pictures from a P2E presentation Boxig has entered the twilight zone. He may have done it with the best of intentions but the manner in which he makes it available makes him complicit in any copyright infringements made using his script. Look at what happened to Napster, “we don’t condone it, all we did was make the website and utilities available”.

It would make more sense to offer this on a one to one basis rather than globally. Boxig has done something that at best is well intended but irresponsible, at worst it’s illegal.

Ken,

I keep a lot of valuable files on my computer and would hate to lose them. That’s why I back up my data regularly. Using loss of data as the reason for making this software freely available strikes me as a poor excuse.

“Nothing is sacred on the web”

Only to thieves and ignoramuses. A P2E exe file is not on the web to be stolen but as a product. And a product that is secure - unless someone is given special software to dismantle it.

I imagine that a lot of people would like to steal my car, but I don’t tell them where the keys are and explain how to get them. Nor would I give them to a stranger without asking questions first.

I appreciate that this is done in a spirit of a Good Samaritan, but it seem very poorly thought through to me.

Come on now chaps! This is an old chestnut and will continue to be so for years to come.

Most people are basically honest and will not really set out to 'steal' another photographers work, but there are of course some exceptions to this rule. If a person uses a screen capture program to grab images, or even uses the utility made available by Granot, then the resultant image will be so 'low resolution' that it just will not be good enough to print any way.

Ron

Al

it was the one that you said you cant take your picts with you when you are dead and gone :)

maybe it was on the old forum -- i spent quite a bit of time trying to find it -- amazing the responses we have had on this subject --- oh well if you finfd it i would appreciate the url -Guido will be able to add it to his new "how/why site"- then maybe we stop the thread faster next time

ken B)