WnSoft Forums

Answer to XP-SP2 Problems

Conflow

Answer to XP-SP2 Problems

I hate being the 'Devils Advocate' concerning this thread - but I have to disagree with the

prior comments made - SP2 still gives problems to many PC Users, particularily when it starts

"downloading" Programs and EMails with Attachments.

This has nothing to do with PTE or other Programs nor EMails -

Its all to do with 'User Knowledge & Experience' and not reading the XP-SP2 Instructions

If you buy a New XP-SP2 PC - its all in the Manual - Read it !

If you 'Retro-Install' SP2 into an existing PC then strange things start to happen, such as :-

...I can't open an EMail.....I can't download PTE.....I can't Login to My Favourites...etc,etc.

There is a 'simple answer' to all this when one realises that SP2 actually 're-configures' your PC.

On the 'Standard Install of SP2' it sets your IE. Privacy & Security settings to High Custom Level,

and as a consequence it tends to take over what IT ALLOWS YOU TO DO, it fact it makes the

Internet virtually un-usable which comes as a hell of a shock to most users.

Adding to the confusion is the lack of...Plain English Instructions from Microsoft ?

The Software Site www.webattack.com provides simple 'Pictorial Instructions' as to setting up

your SP2 for full Internet functionallity.

I have a 'copy' of this which I can send to Igor or someone prepared to put it on a Website

with due acknowledgements to WebAttack .Com

Hope this helps our less experieced Members.

Brian.Conflow.