WnSoft Forums

Access Violation

mikeymoo

Hi All,

Hope this is the correct place to post this. I'm receiving the following error message while trying to create an avi. :-

"Access violation at address 0411116E in module 'lameACM.acm'.Read of address BC58FFFF"

Then PTE freezes and I can do no more. Thankfully I saved the project before this happened. Any advice or help would be great as I want to create a svcd of wedding pics for a friend.

[Version 4.31 on XP Home edition] - sorry almost forgot that..

Thanks,

Mikel

Mikel,

Welcome to the Forum!

It sounds like a problem with the mp3 decoder. Try removing the music and creating an ".avi" file. Or, change the music to "Ogg" or "wave" and try that out to isolate the problem. Or it could be a missing sound or music file - check all references in the PTE project to music or sound and make sure all the path names are correct.

Hi, Mike,

Sorry this one wasn't as quick. B)

That was about the extent of my knowledge on avi creation. If it still doesn't work without the music installed, then it must be something more complex. Give us some info on what avi options you have checked and maybe someone more knowledgeable will have some clues.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the help.. Just to let you know, I got the same error on all my previous projects that I worked on, but they all preview fine with of without music.

Settings are: SVCD - PAL - Interlaced, I don't remember much beyond that. I'll try again tomorrow.

Thanks,

Mikel

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

It works!!!! Not sure what app uses the lame file - but this one does need it.

The solution was to simply rename the file in the windows/system32 directory.

It works a treat on all the project - Ok I need to sort out a really good one and I'll upload a link once it's done.

Thank you both for your help.

Mikel

Hi Ken,

If you goto the windows\system32 directory (XP) you will find a file called:-

"lameACM.acm"

I think it's used for a codec but not sure which.. But I simply renamed the file :-

"oldlameACM.acm" so it wasn't used or recognised and...

it no longer caused a problem.

I'm working on the basis that everything is working, and until something breaks and says it needs lameACM.acm to work, I'll keep it like this. If something I run, needs it, I'll simply rename it back and run the program.

Mikel

Mikel

checked system 32 first and the the whole C drive and not there on my xp home clean install.

and according to

http://support.microsoft.com/Default.aspx?kbid=840397

it might have been installed on yours by some ripping proggie

by the looks of the google page i gave you previously it is can we say "popular" :rolleyes:

glad you got problem fixed

ken

• 3 weeks later...

Have you folks tried using VirtualDub (freeware) to create your avi files from PTE. You need to know how to use frameserving but this is explained in the help files, and a google search on virtualdub frameserving will bring up tutorial links. You then need to create mpeg files with either a DVD authoring app or a dedicated encoder such as Mainconcept mpeg encoder. I use this method and get excellent results. I look forward to the day when PTE can output mpegs direct.

Hope this is of some use

stonemason