WnSoft Forums

Using Beta 3 version

frakis

I am currently using 4.30 and it is registered I was browsing the net and your forum and noticed a beta version. I would like to try it out, but I am a little hesitant. Do I put it in a separate file from my current version of pte, will it harm my computer ( PC, XP)

Thank you

Freddie

Hi Freddie

The safest way, which quite a few of us use when playing with betas is to install it in its own Beta directory (you will have to give it the registration information you have saved on your computer). Then you can use either version, although I can't remember a time when I have had to go back to a previous version after starting with a beta. I wouldn't recommend using both different versions at the same time but is is probably okay. When you start PTE it will run the latest version you have installed.

If you install the beta in the same directory as your previous version it will over-write it but you can always re-install the earlier version.

Try it, the new beta is worth the effort.