WnSoft Forums

gimme more!

pkobes

I downloaded/visited many p2e resources/demos/tutorials/etc. but I can't find any decent documentation ... most of the stuff is from category ... I'd say "bloody obvious" (including p2e help) ...

maybe somone collected 'all' tips, tricks and "how to's" (or has a tip where more advanced documentation is)?

For example only today i found out that when I use for slide display time '0' it stays there 'for ever' but I didn't find any reference to it anywhere ... maybe there is many usefull undocumented features (or at least I didn't find any) - especially when I've already wasted copule of hours to mimic it with max value of 5000 seconds in that box (however there is still a problem that pressing right keyboard arrow will move it further - for now I added extra farame behind it which restarts whole slide show but maybe in couple of hours I'll find out that when a chek box is clicked and in a box is '123' - keyboard will be disabled :-)

And there is about dozen other things I'm still looking answer for ... but I'm tired of dropping it all here (not because I don't like to do so, but because I'm pretty short on time to get my slideshow ready) and maybe also other guys who new and who are trying to create more complicated shlideshows would appreciated such a comprehensive low level documentation

Peter, I acknowlege the need you express, but the fact is, it is really more fun to get your information here in the forum. :D Further more, I think there are fewer and fewer computer "users" who read a manual anyway. I know, I can't tolerate reading a manual like I did 10-15 years ago. My preference has evolved to see how much of the program is intuitive and then use the manual as a resource but not as a first source. I do like a program to have samples available of the features so one can be aware of what is possible. Of course we all know also of some manuals that do nothing more than print the definitions of things you see on the screen! They explain that the button that says "open" can be used to open something!

"When I get some free time" I'm planning to sort out all the tips & tricks and short cuts I've collected together to get them into a system where I can find them quickly. :D

Will either stick them on my web site or print them out into a mini booklet.

I do get lots of requests for help by e-mail and by the time I've typed it all out and done the screen savers to explain it to a beginner, I may as well re-use it on the web for someone else if they have the same query.

There's also a great huge gold-mine of tips here in the Forum which are so hidden away, it's sometimes very hard to find them. :)

Don't hold your breathe, I've a lot on my plate at the moment though !