WnSoft Forums

Page curl effect

Scribe

I have been noticing lately that a few of the presentations have employed the page curl effect. I really like this effect but cannot find it in the list of effects in PTE 4.31.... I found the page effect but this is not the same thing. The page curl effect actually looks like the curled corner of a page unfurling. Plus, you can usually see either a second image on the "underside" of the curl, or the backside of the page being unfurled.

Would someone be willing to share how this effect is accomplished in PTE? I have seen the plugins that one can use in Photoshop, etc. but I don't think that is how this effect is being done in PTE. Any help ?

Thank you so much.

Scribe

Hello: ;)

I believe the "page curl" effect you describe is part of the latest "BETA" versions of the PTE software family.

4.31 doesn't include that one. I might suggest D/L the latest Beta (4 or 5) and giving it a try - they are both fairly stable and you will be able to replicate the effect in question.

(If you don' t wish to overwrite your existing version, simply install the BETA into a different directory on your system).

Regards,

FX Designer :)

Definitely introduced in Version 4.40 Beta#1. See the following extract from Igor.

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/apr_beta.zip (1,5 MB)

This new version contains new transition effect. Please look at this small example:

http://www.wnsoft.com/beta/RollPaper.exe (500 KB)

(Also there is diagonal variaton, but it works slowely and we will improve it)

Horizonta/vertical variations work fine even on Celeron 900.

You also can adjust diameter and it will look as a scroll. And two styles of curling. All it - work of Aleksey which again created new transition effect!

Ron [uK]

Thank you, Ron. As fxdesigner suggested, I downloaded the beta of PTE 4.40. It does, indeed, have the page curl effect.

I can now only guess that the presentations I saw a few weeks ago with this effect must have been using the earliest Beta versions.

I am looking forward to when 4.40 is out of beta and ready for final release.

Scribe