WnSoft Forums

DVD from PtE

Walter

To all who know more than I about PtE and Video-Transfer

Using PtE since about two years, using the programm for slide-shows containing sound or not, I was always amazed, how good pictures and transitions between the slides come out, when called up as *.exe file on the computer.

Finding out, that meanwhile transition to DVD-video-file is possible and registering, that more and more people use DVD-Players together with their TV, I bought DVD-Writer for my PC, Software to play DVD’s on the computer and a DVD-Player for my TV - so hoping to let my friends, who don’t like computers, but allways are sitting before a TV-Screen, see my wonderfull slide-shows.

It is a pitty, until now I did not succed to transfer PtE-slideshows to a DVD, which matches properly to the new DVD-Player besides my TV.

I use Pinnacle Studio 9 to burn the AVI-File out of PtE to DVD

I succedet in:

DVD’s which I can start on my computer with Cyberlink Power- DVD, but not start in the DVD-Player at the TV

The DVD’s which are played on the computer

- have picture quality much under the standard of PtE-EXE files

- sometimes the sharpnes of the Picture changes just before the transition to the next picture

- music, connected with some pictures within a picture show, is obviously lost in the AVI-transfer by PtE

- sometimes a certain picture, which is placed in the list of picture very much later, is often shown,

very short, much to early, but, at the right place also.

Maybe, I have somewhere in the various setup-screens of PtE or Pinnnacle-Studio

made a wrong hook on the wrong place.

Looking often into the forum, one recognizes that lots of PtE users fight with the reality of the wonderful programm. Someone should write a manual

How to transfer a PtE Slideshow

Including Sound

to TV-DVD.

I keep on trying, but it is anoying to see how many DVD’s are burned as thrash. So I am thankfull for each hint, especially how to include audio tracks of PtE into DVD’s before such a handbook will be made.

Walter

Guest Techman1

Walter,

Igor just put out a message on the main site about tutorials and in fact they hopefully address some of the issues you bring up here. Here is the link to that message and you can download the tutorials from there:

PTE Tutorial Downloads - March 2005

I just completed a Slideshow/DVD movie that included over 750 photos along with video. This was all brought into Adobe Premiere from PTE and worked very smoothly. I have done numerous slideshows to DVD using Ulead's MovieFactory 2 and it works very well also. One thing that I always do when testing is use a DVD RW disk. That way I can create it (and recreate it several times if necessary) prior to burning an actual DVD R disk.

While the quality on the DVD's is very good, it doesn't quite compare to the slideshows directly from PTE. Good luck and I hope the tutorials help some.

Fred