WnSoft Forums

slideshow works on the harddrive but

lnelson

HI. I created a pic2exe slideshow --- it works when I start it from my hard drive. I burned it to a cd and it won't run --- it kinda acts like it freezes up my computer. I have burned it on different cds and it does the same thing. I also have tried different computers?

thanks. Linda

Guest Techman1

Linda,

Hello. Did you create a Autorun.inf file also or did you just put the slideshow.EXE file on the CD? What is the name of the executable on the CD? Can you browse the CD and just double-click on the executable (is this when it seems to freeze up)? Please provide a little more information and I'm sure someone on the forum can help you get this resolved quickly.

Good luck.

Fred

Linda:

This has come up before.

Often (but not always) is that the CD drive can not send the data to the processor fast enough

Either the drive is too slow, or the images are much larger than need be.

But more info will certainly help

Aside from the main point of this thread, the instruction to double click can be misleading and I would suggest use of the word "open". I have set my mouse to open files with a single click. If I double click I have been known to having two copies of a sequence running like an echo.

Ron [uK]

Linda:

Most of us use files about 200kb (actaully they range from 100-just under 300)

I'll go out on a limb and say pixel-wise, many use 1024x768 (But you'll like hear from many that they use different sizes)

I assume you are using a mp3, not a WAV sound file.