WnSoft Forums

clarity of photos on dvd vs cd

doogietim02

All goes fairly well with making a dvd. The only issue is the clarity of the photos on the dvd. The clarity on a cd-rom slide show is beautiful. Why is it not as clear on the dvd slide show? I am using Ulead dvd movie factory. I have also used Canopus pro coder to encode as well prior to inserting the project into Ulead, as I do with other avi files from mini-dv tapes. Could someone suggest a reply with customized settings in regards to video codecs?

Thanks

One of the main reasons the DVD looks so different.

Is when you create the EXE file you are using your screen (1024x768)

The DVD is (720x480). So your pictures for the DVD are reduced for the Video.

Then if you view the DVD on your computer and tell it to show it full screen.

It will blow up the DVD video at (720x480) to fit your screen (1024x768) and it looks very Bad.

If you play it on your home DVD player and watch it on the TV. The 720x480 will fill

your TV screen and looks better then it did on your Computer.

It still will not look at well as the EXE file.

The EXE file looks so much better and is normally a lot smaller of a file then the DVD.

The DVD is just a nice option to have so people who do not have a computer but do have a DVD player.

can still watch the Show.

• 3 weeks later...

I just asked in one of the other parts of the forum why on my tv dvd player the letters vibrate I create as 1024x768, is there any way round this or will the letters continue to look lke animated gifs?

One of the main reasons the DVD looks so different.

Is when you create the EXE file you are using your screen (1024x768)

The DVD is (720x480). So your pictures for the DVD are reduced for the Video.

Then if you view the DVD on your computer and tell it to show it full screen.

It will blow up the DVD video at (720x480) to fit your screen (1024x768) and it looks very Bad.

If you play it on your home DVD player and watch it on the TV. The 720x480 will fill

your TV screen and looks better then it did on your Computer.

It still will not look at well as the EXE file.

The EXE file looks so much better and is normally a lot smaller of a file then the DVD.

The DVD is just a nice option to have so people who do not have a computer but do have a DVD player.

can still watch the Show.