WnSoft Forums

PROPERTY for OBJECTS.-

Maureen

Igor:

A thought about another PROPERTY for OBJECTS.

I use PTE to "lecture" with, it would be nice if on various pages I could click on an OBJECT and OPEN A FILE.

I would be describing how to do something in a software or whatever and then click on OPEN A FILE, do a live demonstration and then close the file and return to the original PTE presentation/lecture.

I suspect that might create problems that were discussed several week ago regarding putting a damaging instruction in a PTE show. If that is the case, then I guess I will have to forgo this thought, but if not, it sure would be handy.

Thx

--------------------

Jim

Ottawa, Canada

Jim

I started a new thread so it wouldn't get lost in "suggestions for next version."

I have checked out an old talk I used to do in PTE where I had lots of images with text and I clicked to go forward (or bacK) with the mouse, as I talked through the show. At certain slides in the show, I had an invisable button and objects which opened Adobe Audition, Photoshop, a web site and folders for images to demo techniques.

The show is set so each slide displays for 5000000 .........but make it as long as you can & use your mouse clicks to change slides.

It's an old show which I don't use now but the files opened OK.

I also had permit control of the show ticked and no music/ sound file.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes

Maureen

5000000 milliseconds, that is a clever idea Maureen and certainly a ruse that I may use in the future. It would take you beyond your bedtime, I see from the timing of your message that you are still burning the midnight oil.

Best wishes

Ron [uK]

The show is set so each slide displays for 5000000 .........but make it as long as you can & use your mouse clicks to change slides.

Maureen,

You can also accomplish this for each slide by unclicking "Display each slide for" in Project options.

However, if you want to have some slides still advance as timed, then you will have to use the method you suggested and customize the slides which you want to advance sooner.

Maybe in the next version, Igor could set the program so that if some slides are customized with "Use own time preference" they will still advance automatically as timed, even if "Display each slide for" is un-checked. As it is now, everything grinds to manual operation, only, if "Display each slide for" is un-checked.

This all assumes non-synched operation, of course. :)

i'm likely missing something here but

if you are giving a lecture -- no sound

nav bar enabled

control of show

click pause -- talk till everybody goes to sleep :)

many times i have said " i want control of show" i do not want the show running my computer -- i want to study your technique - location etc -- unless you are describing a sequence, sound is not important -- tho' Maureen and Al Lyons can bring me to tears when they give a recital to their sequences :blink:

ken

Unchecking "Display slide for" is what is used in Conflow's "Manual Slide Show" plus setting of Advanced>Mouse buttons to Prev slide and Next slide.

Ron [uK]

As you will have seen in the original thread (thanks Maureen for starting a new one) Maureen solved my question(at 4AM her time.)

I need to get new glasses: use OBJECT property: run application OR OPEN FILE......

I agree with the comments from the others, untick "show slide for x seconds" and everything works as it should.

i'm likely missing something here but

if you are giving a lecture -- no sound

nav bar enabled

control of show

click pause -- talk till everybody goes to sleep :)

Ken,

There is one situation in which the mouse action is preferred over the navigation bar. With a wireless mouse, if you are giving a lecture, and don't have any support for the mouse, you can use it as a "remote" by programming the left and right mousebutton action appropriately, and then you don't even have to click on anything in particular. :)