WnSoft Forums

Adding sound via the SOUND line

JRR

I immediately took advantage to the new feature Igor added in 4.4 to allow sounds added by the sound line on the main page to continue even when the slide changes.

The timing for this change was immaculate as I was in the midst of preparing a lengthy show with some 60-70 sound snippets. (birds and their calls)

While everything seemed to work great most of the time, I did notice instances of the .exe file not playing all the sound snippets, even though the PREVIEW was OK. At first I thought I had left the sound out, so I went back into the .pte and checked.

Then I discovered that the missing sounds occurred sporadically. I could play the .exe file three times in a row and sometimes all the sounds would be there, another time one or two might not be.

Upon looking at the timings etc more closely and making adjustments, it seems that you need about 0.5 second between the end of the sound snippet and the start of the transition of the next slide for it to work flawlessly.

Guru:

CPU: AMD64 1.8ghz

HDD: C:34gb for program files etc, D: 200gb for data

Ram: 1 gb

Graphics card: Matrox Millenium G550

Sound card: Realtek AC97 Auto