WnSoft Forums

Saving compressed files

Justin

I am new to this programme and so it is probably me not doing something right.

What I am trying to do is to create a presentation on my PC, copy to CD and then run it on a laptop to power a digital projector.

I cannot get the programme to save the JPEGs as compressed files and so I get a very uneven presentation on the laptop as it keeps pausing to load. The programme takes only the whole JPEG across with it.

Some notes. I shoot to MF and scan to a 28mb tiff before converting to max quality JPEGs, thus they are around 10-12mb. This is because they are kept for sale as stock photos. Do I really need to go through the process of compressing my JPEGs manually before using them in PTE? This will leave me with even more images clogging up my hard drives.

Any help appreciated.

Justin.

Try looking here for some basic advice:

http://www.bishopthorpe-camera-club.com/Re...ces/goodies.htm

Essentially, your images are far too big (too many pixels) for an average projector/vdu that is often 1024 x 768 pixels. The actions on the above site take the donkey work out of converting.

Do I really need to go through the process of compressing my JPEGs manually before using them in PTE? This will leave me with even more images clogging up my hard drives.

Justin,

If you don't want to "clog" up your hard drive, just delete all the compressed jpegs after you create your show. If you still have your original large image files, you will still be able to open the PTE project file to make changes if you want to do so in the future sometime. Then batch resize again when you are ready to "re-create" the revised show.

Justin,

My slides are scanned to 50MB plus as is required by most stock agencies. Any photos I use in presentations are sized and saved for web in Photoshop to realise the smallest file size useable (it also means that if someone tries to rip the image file out of the presentation they aren’t getting a high-resolution version). These are kept in the same directory as the project file. Once I have finished on a presentation I burn the competed directory to CD, this then acts as an archive and frees up my hard drive.

Steve.