WnSoft Forums

Digital projector image resolution

Ronniebootwest

I have now decided on my projector, a Mitsubishi XD400U (fantastic!)

Now I must bore you all with a question of image resolution. My projector is XGA (1024 X 768 pixels) and most of my PTE slides have a resolution of 72. Is there any advantage in having a higher resolution when 'projecting' these slides via a digital projector?

Ron West

Ron,

You have touched on one of the biggest fallacies in modern digital history - the dpi "wives' tale". As long as your images are 1024x768 pixels in size, you can set the dpi to 2 if you like, and there will be no change in the projected image! :)

Ron

experiment with a test show at various picture resolutions is the best way to find out what will satisfy yourself

then invite in friends to view the different shows and get them to vote -- you might have to buy them a pint or two :P

ken

Hello Alrobin and you to Ken.

Seems that Al is saying that resolution does not matter at all so I will keep mine at 72. However, Ken suggests that I experiment with differing resolutions in order to fine the best - if Alrobing is right, then what is the point in experimenting????? B)

Ron