WnSoft Forums

Ulead

Bill Scott

I downloaded the trial version of ulead Movie Factory. I get a couple of steps into it and the system seems to grind to a halt. I called ulead and they lead me thru a few steps to supposedly correct the issue but without success. They desribed Movie Factory as a "memory hog" but had no other suggestions. Anybody else had this problem? Any suggested alternative to ulead that will allow me to create DVD's from my pte files?

Thanks

Bill welcome to the forum

i have good luck with -- in order of preference

WinDvd 6 platinum

Nero 6 suite

Roxio EasyDvd 7 suite

if i want to make mpg's with the temp avi

i import it into

WinAvi

Tmpgenc

do a search of the forum for ulead and you see a lot of comments

ken

Ken

I am not a particularly sophisticated user. I use Roxio to create Cd's and find that fairly intuitive. I did not see a trial version of the DVD software on the web site. How would you rate the DVD software from an ease of ue point of view?

Thanks for aiding a baby boomer neophite!!

Bill

IMHO

it is not as user friendly as WinDvd

it will not run at my preferred screen resolution of 800/600 - it demands 1024/768 to make discs -i have problems seeing the screen- when it starts to do a dvd the encoding/ burning starts right away so if you happen to see a mistake you have made, you either accept your mistake or throw away your disk - expensive mistake if one is burning dual layer disc's

I wrote them with my concerns, got theusal form letter thankng me and then they sold the company to Sonic.

but if you are friendly with the software go for it -- when we first were given the opportunity to make dvd's with p2e, i made a ton of vcd,and svcd's using roxio 5 and 6 until i got a dvd burner. Other members also use it and we dont hear of the problems with Roxio as we do with other Programs.

ken