WnSoft Forums

Timeline stops to early

schluest

Hi all,

what could be the reason for the following effect?

The Timeline does not show all slides contained in the project. On the main screen I took 178 slides to the show, but when I change to the Timeline I see only 169 slides. They end after a time less than 13 minutes, even the background music is still some time longer.

I tried also previous versions (4.40 and 4.31) but it is always the same effect.

Does anybody has an idea?

Greetings from Germany,

Thomas

You don't say what your settings are for effects and time on screen for each image. 169 slides in 13 minutes doesn't give one much time to see the images. Try reducing the number of images.

Ron [uK]

Thomas,

Welcome to the Forum!

Did you try to add images on the timeline by placing the cursor to the point desired and clicking "New transition"? With the older versions of PTE, the transitions are not automatically added to the timeline when you drag in new images to the slide list.

Ron,

You asked for the settings I used, concerning the effects I used some of them, my favorite is fade in/out. Sometimes the slides are only less than one second on the screen, if I use text strings to appear or let pictures shift one after the other across the screen. Therefore I got relative much pictures within a short time. But I thought it might be possible to let the show run as long with as much pictures as wanted. Are there any restrictions in time and/or picturecount?

Al,

No, I did not add the pictures at the timeline! I added the pictures on the main screen and customized some of them concerning effects, times and objects on the slides. After that I switched to the timeline to adjust the pictures to the background music. At the end of the timeline there are some pictures missing. When I try to add the missing pictures to the timeline using 'Insert Slides', and switch back again to the main menu, I find these new added pictures twice, one at the original place and one at the newly place inserted in the timeline.

Hope this helps in explaining my problem.

Thomas

Thomas,

With the latest version of PTE, you will find double instances of the same image on the slide list if you add the transitions by clicking on "Insert slide". However, if you add a transition by clicking on "New transition", there should be no double occurrence of that image on the slide list unless it was there already.

I referred to "New transition" because you mentioned version 4.31. With this version, after you add the images to the slide list in a new project, there won't be any transitions on the timeline until you add them either by clicking on "New transition" or "Timed points / Add arranged points" under "Automatic sync" mode.

However, in my version 4.41, beta 3, all slides appear on the timeline as soon as they are "Added" from the main window. If the music is too short for all slides to be added at the 4-second default interval time, then the remainder are shown as being added beyond the end of the music selection, from where they can then be dragged and dropped onto the active portion of the timeline.

Do you have the same experience with version 4.41?

The only other thing I can think of that might cause your problem is that not all images are compatible with PTE. Try replacing the ones which don't show up on the timeline with other jpegs to see if this helps.

Al, thanks for your response!

Because you didn't have a clear answer what I'm doing wrong I feel the problem might be lying beetween my ears ;-)

In the meantime I created a new project in which I added 400 pictures the same way I did before, namely within in the main page.

Afterwards I switched to the timeline and can see all(!) pictures as expected. Great!

Then I took the strange errorneous project with all pictures to another computer, with the same result: Missing pictures on the timeline.

It seems to be a problem with this one project only. My wife (she delivers the creative input) is sure, the problem of missing pictures was not in the beginning of the project, it appeared after some time.

What I did now is: I added the missing pictures with all objects to the end of the timeline and deleted the double pictures on the main screen.

It seems to be a way to come to a working picture show.

One again thanks for the help and the pretty good program.

But at this point a request for a change on further versions:

It would be fine, if PTE could remember on the objects --> text page the selected font, colour and size from one call to the next of this page!

Now it is necessary to selct again and again the same values for the text on subsequent calls.

Thomas

Thomas,

I suspect the problem with the faulty project is some strange jpegs.

There is a way to preserve your object settings and that is by creating a "template" of a typical small project, and then copying these objects over to the new images to make a new project (the objects will even assume the same positions as on the original images). Then you can delete the old images and carry on with the new ones. You can also move the objects to new positions on the new images, or delete the ones you don't want, or copy the good ones as many times as you need in order to create objects on new images (each with the same fonts, sizes, colours, etc., as in the original project).