WnSoft Forums

ready to save....

reefgazer

So far my very first slideshow is turning out pretty well in the preview, but now I've reached the point where I'm sort of confused.

I need to save the slideshow, then copy it to a CD so it can be viewed from my laptop and shown to the community via an LCD projector.

I read the instructions for copying to a CD in the FAQ's but it seems very confusing to me. Where it says: 'This file ("autorun.inf") must be copied to CD disk with your presentation',,,is this the name I use to save the slideshow. Sorry,,,I'm not too good with computers. Can someone please give me step-by-step instructions on how to successfully save, copy the slideshow and play it on another computer? Thanks! Robyn

The autorun bit is to make the cd start automatically when it is inserted into the cd drive. It's not necessary however.

Here's a simpler way to proceed:

1. In PTE use File > Create Slideshow As to produce the self-contained slideshow (that can run independently on any PC)

2. Copy this file (which will be something like "slideshow.exe") onto the laptop - either by burning it to a cd or using some other method (I use a pen drive to swap files between my desktop and laptop machines - cheaper in the long run and much quicker than burning cds).

3. Run the exe file from the laptop (and not from the cd - as this can result in syynchronisation problems due to the poor reading speed of most laptop cd readers).

I hope you can make sense of this - let me know how you get on.