WnSoft Forums

Sound on/offand page flip sound

tele

I have an idea to add to the next release of pictoexe. I am already using a page flip sound in some of my slide shows. It would be nice if one could just check a box if you wanted page flip sound. Also on the navigation bar it would be nice to toggle the sound on/off just as you can toggle pause. Would anyone else find this useful?

PAR

Hi, Par,

Welcome to the Forum! What would such a page flip sound like? A "click"? A "swoosh"? A "boing"? Maybe a library of sounds could be provided, along with a selection box.

Myself, I would probably not use this, as with a synched show it is possible to add all that on the music timeline through a sound editor, and that way have more control over the type of sound, the volume, exactly where it comes in, the duration, etc., etc. However, some might find it useful.

Also a warm welcome Par

I just finished a Fireworks Display show, which had the same “ Swoosh “ – then loud explosion sound as the firework burst and actually found it a bit annoying slide after slide with the same sound. I guess each author has his / her preferences.

As far as a mute button added to the “ Navigation Bar “ I would have to agree on that one.

There was mentioned at one time of the program adding a new navigation bar with added features, not sure if it is still in the making.

Our good member boxig does have a utility which may interest you called MuteSound.

(bottom section)

boxig's site