WnSoft Forums

PTE and Security

DimmY

I can protect a presentation by password, restrict using it by the number of runs and by dates. It's good. But it's almost useless, because anyone can extract all pictures from all PTE's presentations with some of the ripper utilities (for example, I did it easily with FAR Manager + plugin Mr.Ripper).

Is it possible to make at least a simple encryption of presentation contents?

This subject is an old chestnut! Do a search and you will find many topics on this issue.

The bottom line is that you just cannot protect your images, nor is there any software available that will do it for you. I agree with Contaxman - if people want to 'steal' a picture of very low resolution, then let them have it because they will never get a good print from it.

Ron West

Yes, of course. Anybody can steal pictures from the screen. But! Imagine that I created a presentation with time-limited, password protected etc. usage. The allowed time is gone. Presentation become useless, and I don't want to give any possibility to extract files from EXE file. As an example of crypting pictures I can mention Firehand Lightning. I think it's not very difficult to make a simple encryption of produced PTE's presentations. Since PTE has some features to protect presentations, these features should be better.