WnSoft Forums

Help recovering images

alexva

Hi all

Well this is a bit different! I created a cleint's exe file for images and put an expiry date on the cd i burned.

However since then I have somehow erased the original images and now only have the exe file on cd.

How can I retrieve my images from the exe file?

Thanks all

alexva:

This has come up many times.

Aside from a lecture on proper back-up of files (We all do that right ? ;) ) there is a forum member "boxig". He has many utilities that work with PTE. I think he has a utility that will let you recover you images.

click on membesrs top right of this page, find Boxig and then go to his website

Well this is a bit different! I created a cleint's exe file for images and put an expiry date on the cd i burned.

Well this is really a bit different, my utility can not help in this case, but can help in recovering a not expired exe.

Hi Alex.

Sorry to hear of your plight - we have all been there at some time or another. There is no real solution I am afraid.

Don't get caught out again though and make sure you keep your images backed up ;) . I also safeguard my PTE shows by saving a 'Template' of the show and I backup acopy of the 'project file to a separate disc.

Ron West

Alexva,

Welcome to the Forum!

Can you not back-date your pc to some time prior to the expiry date, and then use Boxig's utility to extract the images?

Hi,

Can Anyone help.

We have a Wedding1.exe CD which has got 7 days to run before its time runs out. We found out yesterday the Photographer we hired has since gone bust and has taken off.

We are lucky as we have had our normal photograph albums, but as it was digital no negatives. The CDs contained other Pictures which we didnot pay as we were short of money. Is there anyway of resueing them to a decent quality or at can I extend the time limit at all so I can view on my PC?

Any help would be grateful

Barry and Jill

Barry and Jill

First check if the creator of the CD disabled the "PrintScreen" button on your keyboard. If it doesn't work, you can try my "RestorePTE" utility to be found on My Webpage.

This utility was made for PTE users and it will try to create a new project for you, so if you don't have PTE installed it may give some error messages.

If this doesn't work, I can try and make something for you.

when is dead line ?

Good luck

Granot

Hi,

Thanks for your help. I have installed a trial copy of PTE and I can make new .exe files with upto 10 prints big. Question is now, how long will these .exe exist? Will these expiry after the trial runs out?

Or is it safer to register a copy as I dont want to lose them?

Best regards

Barry

Question is now, how long will these .exe exist? Will these expiry after the trial runs out?

BARRY

welcome to the forum

they will not time out unless you set the exe to time out

but you might as well invest in the full version before you get frustrated by the limitations of 10 images

when you register make sure you save your key and the accompaning correspodance --save to a floppy or cd and store it isn a secure place

ken

Considering th small cost of the full PTE licence, I reckon it is worth your while to buy it. I am quite sure that you will enjoy the program and so the '10 slide limit' will soon frustrate you.

I agree with Ken - you should save everything connected with PTE just in case!

Ron West