WnSoft Forums

e-mail slideshow

loris

Newbie here.....

All of my images are in order and ready to go. My slideshow is created as an exe file. Can I e-mail the slideshow to the customer? I tried a demo and the whole program seemed to come in the attachment. I don't want the customer to see all the options and thumbnails, just the show. Can this be done or do I need to run and get some dvd's?

Thanks! ;)

loris:

I can't find the relevant forum postings on this issue from a few weeks ago (maybe ken Cox will he is so good at searhing for stuff !! ;) )

but with e-mailing shows, as Michesl says, make sure they are small and in realty can only really be sent to people with hi-speed connections.

As Michel says it is better to zip the .exe file

If the .exe file (zipped .exe file) is much bigger than 5mb, then I would use another option as many ISPs will not accept attachments larger than 5mb.

www.dropload.com provides an excellent free (donations welcome) service. You upload your show to their website, they tell your client there is a file waiting for them and they download it.

Of course if your client does not have a hi-spoeed connection this is not practical either.

Remember though that uploading is musch slower than downloading

click here for the DROPLOAD website

You will get a much more professional look to your show if you make a CD of the .exe file and then add some comments on a separate pdf file ro the CD. Sending via email is just not practical. These days the good old fashioned Post Office will deliver a CD within 24 hours. Now that 'aint bad is it.

Ron West