WnSoft Forums

Can Nero 6 burn PTE to DVD?

Tim Z

I created some AVI files today and burned them to CD in Nero. The burning to CD process was easy to do and worked well. The show plays fine on my DVD player/writer, but the image quality is very poor compared to viewing on PC monitor. So I thought perhaps it would be better if they were burned to DVD, but when I select DVD to burn Nero says the AVI file format I created in PTE is not recognized. Does this mean that DVD movies cannot be created with Nero? Has anyone successfully created DVD's with Nero? I don't really want to have to pay extra for ULEAD just to make DVD's.

On another note, besides the noticable drop in image quality, I also noticed that the images when viewed on TV screen were cropping off the sides. Is this normal when viewed on TV? I have a new 50" Sony Wega Hi Def flat screen TV.

Tim

you quite likely have a lite version of nero -- full suite will do avi's from p2e -nero platinum suite cw vision express - have done too many to count with nero --

you may have to convert the avi to mpg using

http://www.tmpgenc.net/e_main.html

use forum search for tmpgenc for details of use and settings

will send you a zip by email of my latest s/c list to quite a few problems

ken

Thanks Ken

I didn't think I had a "Lite" version of Nero. I have Nero Ultra Edition version 6.6.0.1.

Regardless, after viewing through the links you sent me, it appears not worth the trouble if the image quality still suffers for TV. Until I can find a way to utilize the HDTV resolution of my TV, I will stick with .exe PC shows.

Cheers

t

Tim

see

http://www.mplonsky.com/photo/article.htm

make a show out of his images and see how it looks

i can see the hairs on his bugs on my el cheapo toshiba 29" tv

and you did not say what happpens if you try to import the avi into nero vision express

my version is 2.1.2.18

i also have real good luck with windvd creator ver 2.0

k

Ken, I have never heard of Nero Vision Express until you mentioned it here. So naturally I do not have it to try. SoCan I assume what you are saying is that the regular Nero Burning ROM does not work??

Regardless of whose photos I use for a PTE show, there is a significant drop in image quality from PC screen to TV. From what I gather this is currently to be expected. I'll have to look into how to utilize the HD features of my TV with the shows; although I thought it might happen automatically. However, I am not into purchasing more software for this as it is just a convenience/fun thing for me right now. It would be nice to be able to have a group of guests around the TV to view the shows, but not at the expense of such a drop in image quality.

t

• 4 weeks later...

Tim,

For what it's worth at this late date, I recently bought a DVD burner that came with an OEM version of Nero Suite which includes Nero Ultra 6 and a bunch of other programs for doing things most of us have software to do already. The only programs you will need to load to burn a DVD are the basic Ultra 6/Nero Express package AND Nero Vision Express. This will qualify your system to download the Nero DVD-Video Plug-in available for $25 from nero.com > Programs > Plug-ins. After payment is confirmed, what you get is an email containing a 20-number license key to release the software already installed in your Vision Express software. You open the Nero Product Center (an icon on the Start Smart screen) to get to the place to enter it. After these preliminaries, I was able to burn a DVD from a PTE AVI file without a problem and the quality as displayed on my 32" Sony WEGA TV was outstanding. However, titles were absent (the subject of another forum item).

It is interesting to note that this week (8/2/05), Nero Ultra 6 retail version, which includes the DVD-Video plug-in, is selling in outlets for $39 after rebates. This is the less-hassle route to take if you need to get a copy.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone

I'm awfully new at this. I have to produce a slideshow in a hurry. I've got the images organised, I've synchonised it with he music, it plays really terrific on my desktop. I've saved it as an .exe file.

My problem is how to do I get it to a disk (CD, DVD) so I can shove it intp a laptop and have it projected on a screen via dataprojector - not TV, not screensaver - PRESENTATION in front of a few people I've been bragging to.

The help files are not really much help as the translation from whatever language they were written in is,shall we say, not that much help.

I tried it as a DATA cd in NERO but the music is great but the images slide around and don't keep up so the sound finished before the images did. No good.

So I need some very explicit instructions for NERO on what format, and how to get this done (in a hurry). We are all using winxp so no worries with technology, just a little help with HOW !!!

I can burn CDs or DVDs but WHICH FORMAT ??

All help gratefully received from Melbourne Australia.

Thanks mates

Val Moss

Val welcome to the forum

well now

why dont you just burn the exe to a cd --- with nero make a file disk of the exe and put the resulting disc in your laptop hook up your projector and then drag the exe to your laptop's desktop and run the exe

ken

:( Dear Ken Cox

I've already burnt it to CD and run it back through my desktop pc through my CD player, that's how I know it doesn't work. Better to find out now than on the night, I feel. So, what am I doing wrong? It works just fine on the desktop playing the exe file from the saved version of the show. Something wrong but I don't know how to fix it. Please help a little further ....?

val_moss@bigpond.com

• 4 weeks later...

I also have Nero. Nero site has upgrade downloads available to upgrade to v 6.6.016. I have done this but still having trouble trying to burn a DVD. I also have PSE3, but prefer to use PTE....seems easier....if I can get the burner to work. My original burner prog came with the LiteOn burner I bought. This is my first attempt to burn a slide show from PTE (which is the limited trial version). I am willing to upgrade PTE, but not unless I can prove that it works, and I can work it. My opinion is that something is keeping the file from being saved. I get the popup which says I should now go to my burner program to burn the file, but the is no file available....my puter can't find one and I can't find one. I also have the Ulead trial program, but have not yet gotten it to work for me. Suggestions anyone ???? Thanks.

jhowchou

jhowchou

WELCOME TO THE FORUM

DID YOU STUDY THE FIRST ENTRY HERE

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums//index...t=ST&f=4&t=1408

and it is also in the help file of the ptogram

and i think i can safely say that 99.9% of the shows that are at

http://beechbrook.com/pte/

were made with the p2e program

there also some tutorials there

also

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums//index...hl=inna+malkova

and here

http://www.guru.to.it/main.htm

ken

Thank you for the info, Ken. Yes, I have visited the forum, etc. I am just missing some little step somewhere. I have created a S/S in Nero without the use of PTE, but just haven't been fully successful in PTE/Ulead yet. From prior postings, I understand that using PTE trial is not a problem. I think my problem is in saving the created file, and subsequent burning. Perhaps my brain is fuzzy after all these years.

jhowchou

you do not save the avi

it is a temporary file

you must leave the p2e program running when you create the avi -- you can have several instances open and you then import it into nero and commence the dvd burning process

when all is done and you close the p2e program the avi is flushed -- gone

ken