WnSoft Forums

Problem with music

JPD

Hi,

I want to use music function on the slide, and I don't succeed to use it in the last version of PTE (the sound function is good). The same slideshow with PTE 4.2 is good, it's possible to heard the music, not on the 4.42

Is it possible to have an answer.

Many thanks

Bonjour Ken,

I have find which is the problem. When you use the curling effect as transition, the music of the slide doesn't work, if you change for another effect, it's good. It's the reason for which, the same PTE file works on 4.2. The sound function is OK, even with curling effect.

I did a file test you can download here link broken

Best regards

Hi Jean-Pierre

When you use the curling effect as transition, the music of the slide doesn't work, if you change for another effect

I did download your small sample, and opened your .pte file.

In the sample using version 4.42 - with page unscrolling, the music does play fine from start ( slide 1 with unrolling transition ) if in Project Options - Music - your .mp3 is entered.

Sample .pte file showed this section blank.

Jean-Pierre

I see what you mean about changing your first slide ( unrolling ) to another transition, how the music does start ??? without entering mps in Project Options - Music.

I will leave that explanation to Igor !.

However my above post seems to be a work around using " unrolling with first image ".

Ralph:

I am not sure exactly where the music is that you can't hear it, but if you put it in on the SOUND LINE on the MAIN PAGE and then try to watch the show on the TIMELINE, you won't hear the music on that slide.

You have to use the full preview

Is that the issue ?

Igor has said that he would fix that in an upcoming release (not sure when though as he is quite busy with pan and zoom as you know

Hi Jim

The issue seems to be a small bug with " Unrolling from left " transition - music not starting. However if this first transition is changed to a different one - music does start.

If you download Jean-Pierre's small sample above and run his " Test son A ( sound on slide 1) 4.4.EXE " with first slide as " Unrolling from left " you will see that his music .mp3 does not play.

The mp3 song is listed in " Customize Slide "

Now if you open his sample " Test son A (sound on slide 1).pte " in Picture to EXE program - change the first transition to something else - it does play ?.

Either one using - Main screen - Preview

Or the work around I wrote above also does get music to start on first slide " Unrolling from left " transition.

If mp3 is placed in Project Options - Music list

This is a 2 slide sample - not syncronized.

The issue seems to be a small bug with " Unrolling from left " transition

It's the same for all the curling effect transitions, I agree with you, it's a very small bug.

Igor has said that he would fix that in an upcoming release

??? ..........How Igor knows this little problem ???