WnSoft Forums

Bulk Loading of Comments

Blue

I am exhibition secretary for one of the largest photographic clubs in eastern England. Every year, I produce a slideshow using pictures2exe with about 250 slides. All the titles, photographers name are already stored on an Excel spreadsheet (part of judging/selectionprocess).

Copying and pasting these, one at a time, is a real pain.

Have you thought of making a facility for bulk importing such from a spreadseet, such that:

column A = photo filename,

column B = photo title,

column C = award, and

column D = photographer name.

I am sure that many exhibition secretary's around the world would thank you if you did.

Hi Blue,

Welcome to the Forum ~ In reply, I absolutely agree with you, there is a crying-out need for such a 'Formatted Folio' perhaps based on some form of Spreadsheet or Excel itself. In my opinion it should be a 6 Column Spreadsheet,with "Header Data" eg:-

HEADERS = Competition Title......Entry Class.....Date.....Sheet No.....

Column 1 = PhotoFile No

Column 2 = Photo Title(s)

Column 3 = Photo Author

Column 4 = Photo Size

Column 5 = Spare

Column 6 = Spare

There are many Spreadsheets out there with this capability, but 'Form Universality' would need to be established in the 1st. instance ~ This would tend to point to a Microsoft based program.

We have one Senior/Advanced Member who has such experience and may just look at it if asked nicely, and if he has the time, thats...Al Robinson. If you,yourself have any further ideas perhaps you may like to elaborate on what you have in mind ?

Regards,

Brian.Conflow.

Blue,

Welcome to the Forum.

I think my "Adjustor" spreadsheet model might work for you. It takes a pte project file and produces an Excel spreadsheet with all the pertinent data such as slide name, number, timing, etc. This can then be "adjusted" where required, and fed back into a pte file which can then be imported back into PTE. "Adjustor" is available on the Beechbrook site and also from my own web site listed below.

It should be possible to link the names and folder id's from your spreadsheet with the appropriate columns in "Adjustor", and then feed the sorted data into a specially prepared PTE project file. You would have to develop a PTE template file first in order to have something in the proper format to work with.

Let me know if this works, and if you need any additional features, drop me an email, and when I return from vacation in September I'll have a look at what I can do to help. :)

Bob,

We're off to Romania, Bulgaria & Vienna. Going back for a choral festival in Brasov, and then a bus tour of Bulgaria, and flying back home through Vienna. And, yes, I hope to have some show material from the trip, especially now that I'm shooting digital. I also just bought a larger space for my website, so I hope to upload more slideshows in the future.

Am putting the finishing touches on a show for the SuperCircuit right now, so I don't even have time to download your new show at the moment. I hear it is pretty good, and am looking forward to watching it when we get home. If Jim lets me take time off from the SuperCircuit planning, that is! B)

Hope you're having a great summer. Would love to see some of you neighbours from S of the border up here at the Festival in November! Judging from the entries posted to the website, it sounds like we are going to have a great collection of shows! :)