WnSoft Forums

Can I reverse the slideshow process

nelonb

I made a slide show about 3months ago and burned it to a cd and i had all my picutes on my hd and it crashed and i lost them all, but now i need some of the pictures off the slide show. Am i able to reverse the "create" process some how to get my pictures. Anyones, help would be great.

Thanks

nelonb:

This has come up many times and the short answer is yes.

BOXIG, a forum member, has a utility to do the trick.

I can't find the references to it in previous threads (Ken Cox can find things so well) but if you click on "members" at top right and look for BOXIG and go to his website, you should be able to find the utility

As many of us have learned over and over again, nothing beats a good back-up of everything on your hard-drive

I agree Ken,

I have my data backed-up too many ways, but don't ask what happened when my config.sys file got corrupted somehow the other day.....

Now I have another back up procedure in place..... ;)

And of course a few months ago, one of my external hard drives, part of my too many ways of backing stuff up, messed up and I had re-format it. Fortuinately the corresponding internal hard drive did not act up.....

Guest Techman1

I know for professional photographers we could add a "Proof" watermark or some other type of watermark across all of our photos in our slideshows, but I really like for people to see their photos without this in their slideshow. What's my point, I wish there was a way to have people who ask this question to prove that they have purchased a license to PTE. That way, it is pretty much guaranteed that this isn't a customer trying to beat the system and get the images for free. Yes, I know this won't set well with a lot of people, but I see this all too often.

I'm not saying anything about you "nelonb", but this is your first post and I've seen many others with no other post except to try to get this answer resolved. Thus, Jim's reply that this has come up "many" times. I've even seen a message where a new member said they were looking for something like this to take the images from their wedding CD that a photographer had created for them.

Igor, is there some way that this forum can put an indicator in each person's name indicating that they are a registered user of PTE? It is very discouraging to me to see this addressed so many times and feeling somewhat helpless.

Thanks for listening to me, I now return you to your normal TV station! :P

Fred

I’m with you Fred. I’ve even noticed that folk will make a first post, ask THE question and then disappear. They don’t even have the graciousness to say thank you.

I understand that some security measures will be built in to future versions of P2E so that only the creator can strip a presentation at a later date. That can’t come soon enough as far as I’m concerned.

Steve.

At this moment in time there is no effective way to stop people from 'pirating' photographs - a simple screen shot made with any of the multitude of software program available will do the job. The only real satisfaction is that the resultant captured image will not be worth a damn because of its very low resolution; it just will not print at all well so will be of little use to the pirate!

For my part, in spite of spoiling the picture somewhat, I always place a watermark right across the image that I want to protect - it does seem to work.

Ron West

Fred:

The issue of some questions coming up time and again is not any easy one to solve. I suspect just as many newly registered users as non-registered users ask the "repetitive" questions.

There are a small core of users that watch the forum religously, most users don't, so they don't know if a question has been asked before.

I suspect many of us in using all software don't read the manual/help and will ask someone a question before searching for an answer. Part of that is due to "laziness" (to which I plead guilty at times) and part of that is not knowing where to look, or not being able to find/understand it even if you do know where to look.

Ken Cox is THE master at being able to search the forum and find the previoulsy provided answers. I have used the search function many times with about a 10-15% success ratio. I am not sure how Ken does it, but perhaps we should appoint Ken to deal with the repetitive questions - I am sure he would enjoy doing that...... <grin>

Guido's website is a great place for newbies to look, but they don't know about it.

The FAQ via HELP on PTE needs to be expanded and indexed, but for what we pay for the software, I am not sure we can expect much else.

Steve, Fred, JRR.

I completely agree with you all ~ I too would like to know if the "Enquirer" is a paid up or Full Member ?.

Too often persons log on to the Forum then pick up the 'Expertise' and simply vanish without a word

of acknowledgement, thanks would be too much to expect from these 'Free-Loaders'

Thats my personal opinion for what its worth !

Brian.Conflow.

my wife says i am a sucker so i always believe they are honest :)

but when i was taking money for services rendered i had to get hard nosed at times

i will tell a little story -- i used to video tape skating -- and in order to get orders out i had as many as 14 vhs and beta machines for copying -- a lady came around and wanted her money back because the tape i had sold her would not track -- so i fired up thesystem and played it in the mache that recorded it - i coded the tapes for this reason - then played it in all the rest of the vhs machines and it played perfect -- i told her it was her machine that needed adjusting - sorry no refund - she left unhappy as hell with her tape --

this instance can be related to the number of times p2e is bad named and invariably it is not the program -- the problem is PEBKAC :)

when Igor issues a new beta and there is a problem -- just watch the threads fly -- and all related to the same problem

I do not have any luck with the search endine either so what i have accumulated over the years is an index of the questions and periodically i zip them up and send them out to various members as well as to Igor

so dont be surprised Jim if you get a zip full of urls:)

remember my signature is written that way for a reason

"share your knowledge, the wheel has already been invented"

when i worked i banged my head against the wall too many times because people would not share their knowledge and it frustrated me to no end.

what i miss about work is going to conventions drinkin free whiskey and trading ideas

wowee what a trip it has been

ken

Guest Techman1
going to conventions drinkin free whiskey

Ken, I must have been attending the wrong conventions. I don't ever remember getting "Free" Whiskey. ;) We do appreciate your abilities to help all of us in the searches when we can't find what we are looking for.

Jim, I wasn't really concerned about people not being able to search out this information. I was really trying to address the question, which is how can I get these images off of this CD and print them. As Ron pointed out, although the quality isn't that great people will still do it to save a dollar or two. Then my work quality appears very poor to others who see this sample print that these "few" customers show. It's not a major issue with my customers as they are ordering the prints, but I know some have printed screen shots as I've seen them.

Anyway, I just wanted to vent a little last night. So, I appreciate everyone listening to me. I hope everyone's week is a great one and I look forward to the next release of PTE, because it just keeps getting better and better!!!!

Take care all,

Fred

• 1 year later...

I made a slide show about 3months ago and burned it to a cd and i had all my picutes on my hd and it crashed and i lost them all, but now i need some of the pictures off the slide show. Am i able to reverse the "create" process some how to get my pictures. Anyones, help would be great.

Thanks

a friend of mine said that the MAC program "File Juicer" will extract jpgs and mp3s from all exe shows and corrupted discs as well