WnSoft Forums

Avi files

Ausmortay

Hello! I have been using pictures to exe for sometime now and recently encountered a problem- When I save to an .avi file it will not play in quicktime, windows media player or any other viewer that I bring it up in, all I get is the music and a write screen. Any ideas why?

In quicktime pro- it says the compressor cant be found and is a black screen...

The quick answer is that you can't save PTE as an .avi file.

When preparing the output for a DVD, there is a temporary .avi file created, but it is only a temp file.

You are not the first person to mention this, I think there has been a request to make it a permanent file, but with all the other more urgent requests we have burdened Igor (the software designer) with, I doubt if this is a very high priority.

In the meantime an .exe file works for most occasions, but there are those other occasions....

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Obviously this answer is incorrect, sorry about that.

See below

Hello! I have been using pictures to exe for sometime now and recently encountered a problem- When I save to an .avi file it will not play in quicktime, windows media player or any other viewer that I bring it up in, all I get is the music and a write screen. Any ideas why?

Actually, yes - and you "can" save a PTE show as an AVI and play it in Windows Media Player, etc. The "default" is to save a temporary AVI "template" used to create a DVD with other software but which is not the same as an AVI movie, but you can also save to a regular AVI movie.

To do this just click in the Video Codec block and change from the PTE Video Codec to something like the Microsoft MPG 4 video codec and save. It will take a bit of time just as it does when you make a DVD slideshow using other software, but there is absolutely no reason why you can't make a normal movie which runs with Window's Media Player, etc. from a PTE slideshow.

Lin