WnSoft Forums

Shutter Releases on Digital Camera

Ronniebootwest

I use a Canon Digital Camers and I believe that there is some kind of utility that is able to read the number of times that the shutter has been activated. It used to be called 'Cancount' but I cannot find it on the internet now.

Does anyone have any suggestions please?

Ron West

http://www.soens.de/

EOS1DInf is a Software-Tool for using with Picture-Files from Canon's 1D-Serie cameras: EOS 1D, EOS 1D MarkII, EOS 1Ds und EOS 1Ds MarkII

Its the extended version of the former tool 'CanCount'. EOS1DInf shows a vast number of informations, which are embedded and stored within their RAW and JPG-Files. Just drag 'n drop a file on the program icon and within in a few seconds you will see:

- Model

- Firmware-Version

- Serial-Number

- Owner

- Number of Shutter Actuations

- Info-Window like Camera's LCD-Display

- Custom Function Settings

- Thumbnail of the picture with RGB-Histogram

and more.

Both Mac and PC versions are available.

Click here for sample Screenshots (MacOSX).

You can download a Trialversion. It's fully functional, but shows a few informations less than the full version. In order to save the program at your harddisk right-click on the link.

Download Windows-Demo 1.1 (1.0 MB)

Download Mac OSX-Demo 1.1 (1.1 MB)

ken

Guest Techman1

Ken,

Thanks for that information. I only wish they supported more of the Canon Camera line. Here's a list of Canon camera files not supported (per their site):

- EOS1DInf does not work with files from Canon EOS D30, D60, 10D, 300D, 20D and 350D

Thanks again!

Fred