WnSoft Forums

Sound/Music errors

Tom H

Our camera club has asked members to provide AVs for a club evening to be played via our laptop (new Dell Inspiron 510m) and digital projector (Canon XEED Sx50). Problem: first AV sent in will not play on laptop or my desktop, but does OK on my Shuttle. It runs fine on the authors own desktop. I made an AV on my desktop & have same bad result. Remade in ProShowGold with same result, tried with MP3, WAV & WMA (Proshowgold). Tried different music tracks, same result. My file has 85 slides and lasts 6 min. The problem seems to be lessened if fit slides to music is used.

Several other members have now submitted their entries (and tell me they used PtE) without any problems occuring.

Help! I have to put our first show on next Thursday to demo the new equipment!

Hi, Tom,

Welcome to the Forum!

Are you playing back the shows directly from the CD drive? If so, try saving the files first to the HD.

Are you able to play a CD on the laptop? What about mp3's? Do they play OK when you double-click on an mp3 file name? It's possible that you may have a defective laptop. With PTE you need to start with simple shows and gradually increase the complexity to determine what the limitations of your own system are.

What vintage is your own desktop? Will a show with say 10 slides, lasting 1 minute, play ok? (i.e. the default 4 seconds per slide, and 1.5-second transitions).

Is it possible that the first show had some transitions too close together? On lesser-endowed pc's you have to leave a half-second or so between the end of one transition and the start of another. If you have any overlapping transitions, you will see glitches in the show. Hope this helps you get things sorted out. If not, please provide us with more technical details about the laptop, your desktop, and the shows you are attempting to play. :)

Your Problem,

Sounds to me that your New Laptop has a 'User Memory Problem' (RAM Memory) or

a very poor CD-Drive with no Memory Cache ~ all the symptom's you describe point

in that direction. But as Al Robinson says...more data please, Make, Model etc,etc.

Or perhaps, are you getting "hung-up" on just 1 defective A/V Presentation ???.....

Brian.Conflow.