WnSoft Forums

Resize Images

goddi

When I am in the Object Editor, and I want to insert an image, the inserted image covers the entire original image. I understand that I need to resize the inserted image down to a smaller image. Is there a guide as to what size I need to resize it too??? I'd like to bring in two images to be side by side, over the existing image.

Any help will be appreciated.... Thanks... Gary

The very few times that I have inserted images using the object editor I have done it by experimentation resizing the images in Photoshop, until I achieved my required result. So as a general rule I always compose my required "slide" completely in Photoshop. I only insert images in object editor if I need a thumbnail for action purposes.

However, back to your question, assuming you are working on a 1024 x 768 pixel image as a background you will need to re-size your overlay image so that the dimensions are less than 1024 x 768. For instance for two vertical images side by side 480 x 640 using a 3:4 ratio. At the moment this can be done only outside of PTE using a picture editing programme such as Photoshop or such as Irfanview (a freebie)

Ron [uK]

Re-Sizing Images

Here is an (alternative) '2-part way' of doing this compared to the 'experimental method' which degrades the imported JPeg image.

1)...You need two items:- A good 'Screen Ruler' and a 'JPeg Cropper'

2)...For the 'Ruler' see further down this page for 'Floating Cooler Ruler'

3)...For the Lossless 'JPeg Cropper' get on to this Link:- http://www.jpegclub.org/jpegcrop.zip

Link to Cooler Ruler

http://www.fabsoft.com/pages/Downloads/Downloads.htm

Run down the page and find download 'Cooler Ruler'

Method

a)...Use the 'Ruler' to measure the size of your Background Photo. (Note measurements)

B)...Pick an appropriate 'pasting area' on the Background Photo and measure its size. (Note that)

c)...Use the 'Cropper' to reduce the Overlay Photo to that choice of size. Import it into Object Editor.

d)...You can then move it around for best fit, and virtually guarantee its going to fit.

In this manner you can judge the relative ratio sizes of each Image for best effect and also use the 'Ruler' for lining-up the Images and any Text you may wish to import. This may sound tedious but once you have made 2~3 attempts, its childs play afterwards.

Brian.Conflow.

Brian, I wasn't suggesting a continuous re-sizing of every image until I got the proper fit but doing a one off experimentation to establish a yardstick for future images. In fact I used a blank coloured image for the purpose. There would be no extra degradation with my method.

But I go back to what I said previously, as a general rule I always compose my required "slide" completely in Photoshop and not in Object editor, so it is not until I have completed my composition that I "Save it for the Web" at Compression 8 so any degradation is kept to a minimum.

Gary, you don't say if you have a picture editing programme such as Photoshop.

Ron [uK]

Hi Ron,

OOpps...I think you picked me up wrong, I was simply replying to Goddi-Gary's Post of 20th Sept @ 02:26 AM ~ where he asked a question concerning 'Re-sizing Images' specifically for use in Object Editor, to which I responded by offering an alternative method of doing this which avoids degrading the Image in Object Editor (a consequence of multiple experimental Saves)....to be fair,not everyone has Photoshop.

Brian.Conflow.

Yes... I have Photoshop CS. But I can use the new 'tools' that you all have recommended. Now I just have to get busy and use them. I am not sure exactly what I want to do but having some new tools will help in the 'creative' process. Thanks all.

Gary