WnSoft Forums

Collecting Shows Together

jevans

I have created a number of related slide shows and converted each of them to an exe file. I have then created a Master slide show exe file with a single slide consisting of objects (i.e. titles and buttons). Each of the buttons runs one of the related slide show exe files.

All this works fine as long as the various exe files remain in the same directory. However if the exe files and master exe file are copied to a CD, the buttons in the master show do not work. Obviously this is because the button links relate to the original location of the associated exe file.

Does anyone know of a technique to overcocme this problem. I suppose I could burn the individual exe files to a CD in multi-session mode, then make the buttons point to the exe files on the CD and then burn the master exe file onto the CD. But I do not think this will work. What I want to do is to make sure that the Master slide and its associated exe file slide shows are always associated with each other. Any ideas folks.

Jeff Evans

Jeff

there are several demos along the lines of what you are after at Bill Hines Cottage

see

http://beechbrook.com/pte/

and each one has an email addie for the author so you can write specific questions

see

Demo Menu Show

File Size: 7.8M

By: ralphmcd@rogers.com

Download Count: 1632

AutoPlayer - Play/create chain-linked Shows

File Size: 1.56M

By: nobeefstu@starpow...

Download Count: 1555

ken

Hi Jeff

In reference to CD

However if the exe files and master exe file are copied to a CD, the buttons in the master show do not work. Obviously this is because the button links relate to the original location of the associated exe file

I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.

It is to the best of my knowledge not necessary to have a path to the .EXE.

If you take your “ Master Slide Show “ ( Menu ) and on the Button links – Properties – in section “ Enter Program Name “

Just enter the name of the .EXE ( No path )

post-14-1129680965_thumb.jpg

In your Master Slide Show – choose - Project Options – Main ( When show ends keep last slide in show on screen ) - ( I would recommend no music - the music will continue playing during linked shows ) - however at one time someone did post a workable method )

post-14-1129681068_thumb.jpg

This leaves the “ Master Slide Show “ running in the background.

When your linked show ends it will return the viewer to the Master show still running.

Now write all your shows to CD

Your viewer would have to know to click Master Slide Show to run as first show.

Or

You could write an “ Auto Run “ file to start up your “ Master Slide Show “

[autorun]

open=Master_Slide_Show.exe

I believe you cannot have spaces between (Master)(Slide)(Show) – rename it using an underscore.

Hope I understood your post correctly.

Hi All,

Thanks for all your suggestions. There are plenty of solutions there. This really is a great forum, and such a good place to get answers so quickly.

Thanks again folks

Jeff

Jeff:

I do these type of multi-presentation many times.

So long as the .exe files are in the root of the CD along with the master show exe file everything works fine for me.

Jeff:

I do these type of multi-presentation many times.

So long as the .exe files are in the root of the CD along with the master show exe file everything works fine for me.

Thanks Jim,

The key was that a path to the exe file is not required. I did not think of that solution.

Jeff