WnSoft Forums

Music too fast after burning CD of .exe file

lkincaid

Louise

If you load the exe. slide show back onto your computer first it will run fine from there. When I give someone my show I usually ask them to do this otherwise it is more likely to run out of sync. Some of the more technically minded members will be able to tell you why it does this.

jeannight

I am experiencing the same problem but I would classify it this way....The audio seems to be running at the correct tempo but the video display seems to be the problem. In fact I have the same problem, but in reverse, on the DVD I created. The program runs perfect while creating it but it seems that when the finished .exe is running on some computers, the display processor can't keep up...thus the video runs to slow and the music finishes first. While on the DVD, the video in the svcd file runs to fast and the music ends up going long. In both, cases this is not good. I can't send out computer disks or DVD's. Seems to be a problem with the video stream output from the program. Any idea on the problem, or more importantly, how to get it fixed? Just for reference, I set a list of mp3 files to play during the show and set the slide durations individually so that the music, audio comments and slides all match up to where I want them.

Louise, Jean, Dave,

To give a 'simple answer' as to what's happening with your Sound and Slide timing errors,viz:- Within your PC there are very many 'Hardware Circuits' with different functions and controls.

There are 3 Hardware Circuits of interest:- The Graphic Card, The Sound Card, and the CD-Drive Unit.

Each Circuit has its own in-built Timing/Speed Generator which keeps the device operating within certain limits. Over a long period of time these 'limits' seem to drift relative to each other although the device is working perfectly doing its own job.

It is necessary to 'Synchronise' these Circuits so the 'Operational Limits' stay locked relative to each other ~ an everyday example is your 'Local Electricity Grid' which is 'locked' Nationwide at 50 or 60 Hertz (cycles per sec) otherwise there would be chaos with Clocks and everything thats time dependent.

The same applies to PTE Images and Sounds and the CD Drive ~ they must all be 'Synchronised' together otherwise the Presentation breaks-up...even on your own PC over time. (This assumes that the CD-Drive is working perfectly to ISO Standard~they usually do)

The PTE Program provides 2 Synchronisers...Automatic and Custom both of which are shown on a Timeline. In 'Automatic' it spaces all Slides equally to the Music duration and inserts 'timing points' so everything stays synchronised. In 'Custom mode' you choose the Slide & Effects durations within the Music Playing Time, again it inserts 'timing points' of your choosing, so everything stays synchronised no matter what PC you are using......Lesson learnt, you must use either Synchroniser for PTE to work properly.

To do this, simply Click-on the Box...'Synchronise Slideshow to Music Duration'...shown in the Main PTE Window, and work from there.

Hope this is simple enough.

Brian.Conflow.

Thanks Brian but this doesn't actually answer the question or help, here's why...

First, the show plays fine in the program it's self with using the sync features you suggest. I would think if the program can get the timing right inside, it should be able to output the same stream. In my case, the AVI file is not sync-ed correctly and there is no new hardware involved from PTE. So why is the file off so badly? Second, I tried using the sync features now that I have the entire show set up correctly and the sync features want me to start from scratch and build the show all over again. If it just took what was already competed and let me add sync marks, that might be useful but I'm not starting all over again. All the slide have different timings so I can't use the automatic sync feature. Any other thought?

Thanks Brian but this doesn't actually answer the question or help, here's why...

First, the show plays fine in the program it's self with using the sync features you suggest. I would think if the program can get the timing right inside, it should be able to output the same stream. In my case, the AVI file is not sync-ed correctly and there is no new hardware involved from PTE. So why is the file off so badly? Second, I tried using the sync features now that I have the entire show set up correctly and the sync features want me to start from scratch and build the show all over again. If it just took what was already competed and let me add sync marks, that might be useful but I'm not starting all over again. All the slide have different timings so I can't use the automatic sync feature. Any other thought?

Dave,

There have been 3 different queries on this subject, thats why I named 3 persons ~ Yours is an AVI Problem.

I looks to me that your 'Show Exe' was created without Synchronisation prior to you making an AVI of it, or it could be the other way around,viz:- That you created an AVI File without Synchronising the Master PTE.File. Had you made a 'Template' of the Master PTE.File then you could have recalled that,synchronised it, and then made the AVI. Otherwise I am afraid its back to the Drawing Board.

Sorry I can't offer any other solution...

Brian.Conflow.

Dave,

There is a way to add all images to the timeline while retaining the customized times and transition times.

(check the option "Auto adding of New Transition Points for New Slides" in the "View" menu on the timeline, highlight all slides in the slide list, and then click on the "Add" button on the main window.)

The problem is that the timing is calculated differently for non-synched shows than for synched shows. (in the former, the transition times and delay times are additive, while in the synched mode the delay times include the transition times). At least this option will get you part way there - you will just have to manually adjust all of the delay times on the timeline.

Igor, in PTE 5.0, could you please fix this discrepancy so that delay times and transition times behave the same way in non-synched mode as they do in synched mode?