WnSoft Forums

ICO File Plugin

Ronniebootwest

I always used an ico plugin from www.telegraphics.com that worked well for PS7, but I now use version CS2 and my old plugin does not work anymore!

Does someone know where I can get a CS2 plugin to allow me to make my icon files from photoshop images please?

Ron

It is OK, I found where to get the latest update. I downloaded it and copied it to my CS2 plugin folder but it does not seem to want to work. Before I updated, The .ico format always appeared in the 'save as' box when I chose to save a 32 x 32 16 bit image. Now it does not appear there anymore.

Any suggestions please?

Ron

This must be a sticky problem because although a lot of you are looking at the thread, there has been no response so far. Does anyone else use Photoshop to create their icons?

I used it all the time before without any problems, but since installing CS2 nothing is working!

Currently, I have installed the latest .ico plugin (as suggested by Hawk) to the CS2 plugin folder and when I create a 32x32 icon it saves OK using the 'save as' command. However, when I attempt to include this icon in PTE, I get a message that the icon is of the wrong type and needs to be in 256 colors. I use RGB and I thought that was 256 colors!!!

I am wondering if I should be doing something else with the icon in photoshop before I actually save it, does anybody know what I might be doing wrong please?

Ron

Ron

Do a search for "Icon" and pick up the thread you started on 28 April this year. I came in on that one and received some useful advice from Al. However I am on CS and not CS2 so it may make a difference.

Ron [uK]

Ron

Do a search for "Icon" and pick up the thread you started on 28 April this year. I came in on that one and received some useful advice from Al. However I am on CS and not CS2 so it may make a difference.

Ron [uK]

Hi Ronwil,

Your advice came up trumps, I searched and found my original thread and the answer was there - I just had to convert my icon to 'indexed colour' as suggested by Alrobin. I must be getting old now though because I did not remember that thread of mine at all (keep taking the tablets I guess.

Ron

Why do all that when it is a one off procedure in Photoshop if you follow the earlier thread which I have quoted? :D

Ron [uK]

:P

To add to Ronwil's last comment, you can also create an Action to speed things up even further and also to save you having to remeber to convert to Indexed Colours.

Blxxxy good idea, I will be taking your suggestion on board.

Ron