WnSoft Forums

Can't hear sound on downloads!

KathyN

About a month ago, my son downloaded a program called WinRAR to my computer, which has since been opening my PTE downloads (I've since asked him PLEASE NOT to do that any more!). A couple of days ago, it started telling me my trial period had finished and I had to pay for it. So I uninstalled it. Since then, I'm not hearing the sound on my downloads. I imagine I need to go in and tell some program to open them, but which one, and how do I do it? Winzip is unzipping them, but when I double-click them, all I get ins the pictures. Thanks for any help you can offer me!

Kathy

Kathy:

WinRAR and WinZIP when unzipping, to my knowledge, should not affect the sound track.

I assume you can still hear the sound on the previously downloaded ones and you are saying that you can't hear it on the newly downloaded ones?

Pls try a new and old one and confirm.

Can you pick one that you did earlier and can still hear the sound track and try downloading it again

:D THANKS so much for your prompt replies!! I did a bit of fiddling and then restarted my computer (should have tried re-starting it before I yelled for help--that seems to fix a lot of problems) and I have my sound back. I'm not sure what the problem was, but I can now enjoy watching the PTE slideshows again. THANK YOU!!

Kathy