WnSoft Forums

Problems With Music/Sound Files in Version 4.44

alan_tobias

I have just purchased and installed veriosn 4.44 of PTE on to my PC which is running XP SP2 which has been totally updated via Microsoft update. I can happily create slide shows which exclude sound but, whenever I attempt to add music (either mp3 or wav form), the files display as having zero duration and I am unable to use them. I have tried a large number of music files but always with the same result.

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks

Alan Tobias

I have just purchased and installed veriosn 4.44 of PTE on to my PC which is running XP SP2 which has been totally updated via Microsoft update. I can happily create slide shows which exclude sound but, whenever I attempt to add music (either mp3 or wav form), the files display as having zero duration and I am unable to use them. I have tried a large number of music files but always with the same result.

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks

Alan Tobias

ALAN,

On this 'Main forum Page' go down about 9 Posts ago and find topic.."PTE Bug on my New Computer...by bharkins"....its a Sound problem similar to yours. Go to the 'reply' from Conflow and this should help you.

Brian.Conflow.

ALAN,

On this 'Main forum Page' go down about 9 Posts ago and find topic.."PTE Bug on my New Computer...by bharkins"....its a Sound problem similar to yours. Go to the 'reply' from Conflow and this should help you.

Brian.Conflow.

Brian,

Many thanks for your suggestion - I had already been through that route, but without success.

Fortunately, Igor responded to my e-mail and, after various tests, it was confirmed that there was a form of conflict between my on-board sound chip (SoundMAX) and my USB cordless phone. Igor provided me with a modified version of PTE which worked and I understand it will be posted on the forum next week.

Alan