WnSoft Forums

Autorun?

Taza

I can't seem to autorun my presentation off a CD. Simply put, I want it to auto start when it is placed in the drive. I followed instructions off the Pics2exe help file (#14) and advice or instruction off the guru site but I must be missing something (or just thick).

My presentation is titled, Imagesafe Digital Photography Promo, I have created the slide show and copied it to CD with a seperate inf file, which reads:

[autorun]

open=Imagesafe Digital Photography Promo.exe

icon=Imagesafe Digital Photography Promo.exe

Saved as autorun.inf (notepad)

I have tried it with and without " "

What am I doing wrong, or could someone write what it should read and verify putting this autorun.inf file along with the pics2exe file is all I am supposed to do. No it's not in a folder, just straight onto the disc using sonic data transfer.

The files (both) show up on the disc and the show can be viewed through the icon but I want it to autoload for clients if possible. Has anyone the time to help please.

I can't seem to autorun my presentation off a CD. Simply put, I want it to auto start when it is placed in the drive. I followed instructions off the Pics2exe help file (#14) and advice or instruction off the guru site but I must be missing something (or just thick).

My presentation is titled, Imagesafe Digital Photography Promo, I have created the slide show and copied it to CD with a seperate inf file, which reads:

[autorun]

open=Imagesafe Digital Photography Promo.exe

icon=Imagesafe Digital Photography Promo.exe

Saved as autorun.inf (notepad)

I have tried it with and without " "

What am I doing wrong, or could someone write what it should read and verify putting this autorun.inf file along with the pics2exe file is all I am supposed to do. No it's not in a folder, just straight onto the disc using sonic data transfer.

The files (both) show up on the disc and the show can be viewed through the icon but I want it to autoload for clients if possible. Has anyone the time to help please.

TAZA,

If you go down the page (25 Posts down) and look for "Problems with downloader Pte2" by Ronnie Boothwest you will find what you are looking for.

Simple "Autoruns" work best with short Filenames (less than 10 Characters) with no breaks nor spacing !!!

Use the "PTE Icon" if you have no experience working with Icon's ~ they can be dodgy at the best of times.

Brian.Conflow.