WnSoft Forums

timeline problem

Guest damor

evening all,

just noticed I must have got older and been promoted to junior member. Now that cant be because i've improved my knowledge on my own. you guys helped....well, a little bit. :rolleyes: Now I need to ask you (willingly) to help with a problem I have on the "timeline".

When I press the pause button to do "whatever" and then press the play button again, the images are no longer in time With the music. However, if I press stop, and then play, its ok. Hard work having to listen to 2 thirds of the track again etc etc ...

Has anyone "out there" had the same problem? Do I need to up grade graphic card or sound card or both?

or have I missed something easey?

thanx

Damor. :unsure::)

I have never had this problem (thank goodness)

PAUSE let's you pick up from where you stopped (or move the blue triangle around more accurately) vs STOP takes you back to zero.

Can you actually see that the timings have changed on the TIMELINE when you re-start from PAUSE ?

I know that is not of much help, but it might give us something to start with.

What happens when you start the PREVIEW part way through the show ? (right-click on an image at the bottom of the main screen and choose START PREVIEW FROM CURRENT SLIDE )

evening all,

just noticed I must have got older and been promoted to junior member. Now that cant be because i've improved my knowledge on my own. you guys helped....well, a little bit. :rolleyes: Now I need to ask you (willingly) to help with a problem I have on the "timeline".

When I press the pause button to do "whatever" and then press the play button again, the images are no longer in time With the music. However, if I press stop, and then play, its ok. Hard work having to listen to 2 thirds of the track again etc etc ...

Has anyone "out there" had the same problem? Do I need to up grade graphic card or sound card or both?

thanx

Hi.

Thanks for picking this one up.

There's no other problem. All the images are in place, if I move the pointer it's "out ot time" as if the music is slow to kick in. even though it plays straight away! By right clicking and choosing current slide, it's out of sync' again. wot do you think? :(

Nothing comes to mind yet as an obvious solution.

Is the sound file an mp3 file ? (Sometimes a large wav file with large pictures can cause problems.)

What size are your images (pixels and kb) ? (generally up to 1280x960 and 300kb is optimal for many computers. Using images straight out of the camera can sometimes be problematic)

How close are your transition points ? (There should be a separation of a half second - you can get away with less but it depends on image size to some extent)

Nothing comes to mind yet as an obvious solution.

Is the sound file an mp3 file ? (Sometimes a large wav file with large pictures can cause problems.)

What size are your images (pixels and kb) ? (generally up to 1280x960 and 300kb is optimal for many computers. Using images straight out of the camera can sometimes be problematic)

How close are your transition points ? (There should be a separation of a half second - you can get away with less but it depends on image size to some extent)

Hi

All images are 1024x 768ppi @300ppi which gave me a file size of 199kb, or there abouts. nothing bigger than 225kb. Soudtrack was ripped using cool edit pro and saved as mp3. they open with a nero7 prog called AC(3) I think. The music actualy "lags" behind the images when restarted

The transition points are no shorter than 1/2 sec. some are 5 sec in length with fade trans' and some have no effect and no delay. hope this throws some light on the bug.

cheers for the help

Dave :)

The transition points are no shorter than 1/2 sec. some are 5 sec in length with fade trans' and some have no effect and no delay. hope this throws some light on the bug.

cheers for the help

Dave: Are there any transitions that do not have a 1/2 second space between the end of one and the start of the next ?

Have you tried another piece of music

(Not getting you very far are we <_<<_< )

Dave: Are there any transitions that do not have a 1/2 second space between the end of one and the start of the next ?

Have you tried another piece of music

(Not getting you very far are we <_<<_< )

how right you are!

Non, is the answere to that about transitions. the piece of music is "Grenada" played by mantovani and his orchestra. In the piece there are sudden loud parts and it's there that I get the problem. the bursts are at one second intervals, so There should be no problem. so, having said that I have checked and tried a second sound track and -guese wot?- no problem. I realy would like to use "Grenada" as it has a nice change of tempo and suits my images. se la vie. now watch the rumpus my french will cause. but my appologies to all. as I said a while back "I speaka de english" only, a boreing monoglot.

any other ideas JR?

over to you. :D:D:D:lol:

Not sure what's going on here. If you have a show that's not too big, you could prepare a template from it, zip that and email to me and I'll see if I can spot anything.

Hi Roger,

Drat and double drat!! Don't have a zipper!

will get one v soon. cheers mate.

Dave :D

Sounds to me like you have a sound file problem.

I had a problem a while back of saving my MP3 at an inapproriate bit rate (no comment now as to why I was less than intelligent at the time <_<:) ). So why not rip the track again using Cool Edit (or another software if you have another one) and make sure you save the MP3 at 96 or 128kbps.

Since you can't zip a file to Roger, try the above and see what happens

Not sure what's going on here. If you have a show that's not too big, you could prepare a template from it, zip that and email to me and I'll see if I can spot anything.

Hi Roger,

Drat and double drat!! Don't have a zipper!

will get one v soon. cheers mate.

Sounds to me like you have a sound file problem.

I had a problem a while back of saving my MP3 at an inapproriate bit rate (no comment now as to why I was less than intelligent at the time <_<:) ). So why not rip the track again using Cool Edit (or another software if you have another one) and make sure you save the MP3 at 96 or 128kbps.

Since you can't zip a file to Roger, try the above and see what happens

Good evening to you,

Ive just had a cracking idea ...Why dont I rip it again and save it as an MP3 at 96 or 128kbps :rolleyes:B)

(let everyone else think it was my idea)..then no one will guese that I'm as intelligent as you once were :lol:

Cheers. JR, your a Gent, Sir.

:)

Good evening to you,

Ive just had a cracking idea ...Why dont I rip it again and save it as an MP3 at 96 or 128kbps :rolleyes:B)

(let everyone else think it was my idea)..then no one will guese that I'm as intelligent as you once were :lol:

Cheers. JR, your a Gent, Sir.

:)

No luck Jim,

Must have got a laaazeeee sound card :( . Meanwhile, I have responded to your e-mail.

many thanx Jrr.

Damor. :)

Dave:

I just tried your music file in a PTE show and had the same problems you had. The music/transitions change when you pause etc on the TIMELINE.

I am no sound expert, others are, so join in people, but I don't think it is your sound card.

That track has a bit rate of 85kbps which seems odd to my luddite mind. I would have expected 80 or 96. 128 is what Igor recommended the other day.

The other thing I noticed is that the encoder was "Xing" with a little note next to it saying "very old".

I would have thought Cool Edit would be using a more current encoder (assuming that Xing is old).

If other music is working fine, I think it is simply this file that is bad. If other music ripped using the same route is problematic, then try Audacity using the Lame MP3 encoder

Dave:

I just tried your music file in a PTE show and had the same problems you had. The music/transitions change when you pause etc on the TIMELINE.

I am no sound expert, others are, so join in people, but I don't think it is your sound card.

That track has a bit rate of 85kbps which seems odd to my luddite mind. I would have expected 80 or 96. 128 is what Igor recommended the other day.

The other thing I noticed is that the encoder was "Xing" with a little note next to it saying "very old".

I would have thought Cool Edit would be using a more current encoder (assuming that Xing is old).

If other music is working fine, I think it is simply this file that is bad. If other music ripped using the same route is problematic, then try Audacity using the Lame MP3 encoder

Thanks. Jim,

My CEP is a bit out dated now and I cant afford a new edition. my son just naffed my 3000D up the other day so, 'fraid that takes priority. I'll just download Audacity and try that.

I did try to change the bitrate in CEP but found it complicated for my now disfunctional brain to follow any thing complex.Glad your awake tho :D

regards

Dave

evening all,

thanx

Thank you everyone who offered help, problem solved! It was down to cool edit as, I tired what Davegee suggested ( ripping with windows media player) and I can now use the timeline as one should. Nice one everyone. I feel humble. :D

damor :)