WnSoft Forums

video clips

fuzzy

Fuzzy,

Theoretically, you should be able to call up a video file from the "Run external application" feature in PTE, either at the end of a sequence of images, or in "Customize slide / Run external application". However, I have not found this to work satisfactorily - probably because video requires all of the pc's resources to run smoothly, particularly at full-screen. I experimented with AVI files, but ended up having to get out of PTE in order to run the video file.

Have you experimented with this feature at all? It would be interesting to know if anyone has successfully used this feature with video.

Fuzzy

I tested this sometime ago, this is the procedure I used.

Created a Synchronized show and enabled “Permit the control of show“

You can use the navigation bar if you wish, but not necessary.

With “Permit the control of show“ the Pause / Break key on keyboard will also stop / pause the slide show presentation and the sound.

In one of my images – using Object editor and a Button link – I used

Properties / Action “Run application or open file“

Under the “Enter Program Name“ if you choose “Browse” the box that opens defaults to .EXE – click ALL FILES.

Locate your video file. – click to highlight - click OPEN – then click OK.

Now click OK – top of Object Editor

When presentation is ran and comes to the image with Video button, one would click the Pause button in navigation bar or Pause / Break key on keyboard. – to stop the show.

Now when Button is clicked it will play the Video in its related program.

Close the Video when done and click the Pause button/navigation bar or Pause / Break key and show resumes.

I tested using a .MOV and an .MPEG at that time.

Had no trouble with full screen, but this new computer has 1.5 Meg of ram, that maybe doing the trick.

Give it a try and let us know.

Fuzzy

Take a look at the excellent utility devised by Boxig (Granot) : ShowVideo. This can introduce an avi clip within a PTE show and it can be positioned anywhere on the screen. Full instructions for use are given with this free utility.

Well worth investigating.

See:http://www.thailandphotoalbum.com and look for the app.

Until full integration of all video formats into PTE this seems to be the best solution so far.

DEN (NE UK)

Ralph,

That works fine for me. And, in a synched show, if you didn't want to use Granot's excellent utility, you could simply activate "Run external application" in "Customize slide" and make sure there is time on the timeline for the video to complete before continuing on with the next slide. There would also probably have to be a gap of silence in the music while the video is running, but not necessarily, as everything would still be in sync. You would have to enable the mouse cursor, though, so that the video could be turned off when completed, as the PTE show will go on uninterrupted. And you could provide a button as you suggested to pause the show at that point while you turned off the video.