WnSoft Forums

using multiple songs in a slideshow

yellowfrog8

i am trying to make a slideshow of pictures from my son's first year of photo sessions and i want to use different songs for each session...one song for his newborn pictures, another song for his 3 month pictures and so on. i know how to add all of the songs to the slideshow but i don't know how to synch each song with only the certain set of images and then transition to the next song when the next set of images comes up. am i making any sense? :) i have inserted black screens with text in between the last picture of one session and the first picture of the next session to kind of seperate them and i would like the music to end on the last picture of on session and the new song to start on the black screen of the next session. i feel like i'm being repetitve but i'm not sure if i'm explaining what i want to do! any help would be greatly appreciated!!

thanks

Position the first "newborn image" at the beginning of the "newborn song" and the last image of the "newborn images" at the end of the "newborn song" making sure that all of the "newborn images" are lying between first and last in the timeline.

Then in the TIMELINE - click on first "newborn image" and shift-click on the last "newborn image" and in TIMED POINTS click on "ARRANGE SELECTED POINTS".

Do the same for all sections.

What you will most likely find is that the time for each slide in the "Newborn Section" will be different to the time for each slide in the "3 Months Section" unless you have chosen the music timings precisely to suit the number of slides in each section.

You can also use AUDACITY to join all of the clips together into one MP3 for simplicity and then position as above.

Hope that helps?

DaveG

A straightforward solution is to use another piece of software, e.g. the free "Audacity" to join the 3 songs into one mp3 file. Then it's a simple task to line up the three sections on PTE's timeline as you'll only have one sound track to deal with.

Audacity download