WnSoft Forums

Converting Flash/Gif toDVD

grumpy558

Hi all:

New to PTE but I'm learning--LOL. I haven't try this yet so I'm trying to save some steps.

If you make a PTE with Flash/and/or Gif Animation--can it be converted to AVI and burn to disc and still retain the animation or flash sequence?

I figure it can"t since it dosen't have the plug-ins--am I correct--

Great forum--great help just reading the threads--has saved me alot of grief--

Thank you all--

:rolleyes: Bill

Bill,

You can't use the avi capabilities of PTE to create a "video" of both the flash introduction and the pte show together.

However, if you create your flash "movie" to an avi file, and then use the video features of pte to create a temporary avi, these can then be combined within a video editing program such as ULead, or Nero or Pinnacle or Adobe Premiere Elements, etc., to combine all avi's to an mpeg format suitable for dvd's.

Let us know how your experimenting with this works out. :)

Hi Al:

Thank you so much for the info--I have DVD Movie factory--do you know if that program will do what you told me?

You didn't mention Gif animation so I assume that won't work at all?

I'm using elements 2--what do you thk about upgrading to 4 and how do you like Premiere elements?

I'll will let you know how it goes but will probably seek more help--

Thks for taking the time--

Bill

However, if you create your flash "movie" to an avi file, and then use the video features of pte to create a temporary avi, these can then be combined within a video editing program such as ULead, or Nero or Pinnacle or Adobe Premiere Elements, etc., to combine all avi's to an mpeg format suitable for dvd's.

Let us know how your experimenting with this works out. :)

Bill,

"DVD Movie Factory" is "Ulead", one of the suitable video programs I mentioned - it is one of the preferred programs for transferring PTE shows to video format.

You mentioned Elements 2 and upgrading to "4" - I assume you are referring to Photoshop Elements 2, as I believe Premiere Elements is only up to version 2 at the moment.

I just upgraded to Premiere Elements 2 and am very happy with it at the moment - it's features are a notch above those of the other lower-priced video-creating programs and it is much more user-friendly. (e.g. it has multiple tracks (both sound and video), the ability to mix videos and individual images and apply panning effects, etc. Am still learning about what it is capable of.

Sorry, I am not familiar with Photoshop Elements, except to know that it contains most of the critical features of the pricier "mother" program. Don't know about version 4, either.

Bill,

"DVD Movie Factory" is "Ulead", one of the suitable video programs I mentioned - it is one of the preferred programs for transferring PTE shows to video format.

Hi again Al:

Thks for the info--I'll let you know how it works out. I was just wondering about Premiere because they have a package deal for both Premiere and Elements 4 and I plan on upgrading to 4 anyhow. Just wanted know if it was worth the few extra bucks.

Thks again;

Bill