WnSoft Forums

Total newbie here, How do I share my show

JennyinOZ

Just made a slideshow and have saved it to my desktop. I now want to do things with it. I want to E-mail it to someone but cannot do so. I have tried to zip it by right clicking to compress it and add as an attachment but it is taking forever and never worked the first time.

And secondly I want to share it on a Photography site I visit so I want to add a link for people to click on and view.

Can anyone please help me with these things. Oh and I need you to explain it real simple for me. Thanks.

Jenny

Just made a slideshow and have saved it to my desktop. I now want to do things with it. I want to E-mail it to someone but cannot do so. I have tried to zip it by right clicking to compress it and add as an attachment but it is taking forever and never worked the first time.

And secondly I want to share it on a Photography site I visit so I want to add a link for people to click on and view.

Can anyone please help me with these things. Oh and I need you to explain it real simple for me. Thanks.

Jenny

Jenny,

There are several ways you can share your slideshow. Actually it's not difficult to zip the executable file. You really need a program like PKZip or similar to do this. Once you have the executable zipped you can email it as an attachment, but if the show is really large with large images, etc., the file size will be prohibitive unless you as well as the person you are sending it to have broadband capabilities.

In order to put your slideshow on a web site you have a couple options. You can put it somewhere such as your own web site (if you have one) in a zipped format so the viewer can download and play the full resolution show on their own computer, or you can put it on one of the sites such as Beechbrook Cottage who are nice enough to host slideshows for P2E users. The viewer also downloads from this site to view on their own computer. Link below:

http://www.beechbrook.com/pte/

You can also use a third party software to make a slideshow saved as an AVI in P2E into Flash or other format and store that on a web site.

Go here and read:

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4011

Lin

Thanks Tom and Lin,

With regards to zipping a file can I just right click and save to compressed file instead of using another program? When I do that my file goes from 13.9mb to only 12.7mb. I do have broadband and have tested this E-amil by trying to send to myself and it doesn't work. Is it too large to send by E-mail??

Some email providers limit the size of files that you can send by email. You will need to check wirh your ISP to determine waht size you are allowed. Normally, when you send an attachment that exceeds your limit, you will get a message that the file is to large.

Ron