WnSoft Forums

play/pause button

janrietveld

Hi, Jan,

Welcome to the Forum!

Yes, you can add a pause "button" in several ways. Open the "Object Editor", select the "button" icon at the top left, right-click on it and select "properties", and then choose "pause" for the action you want when the button is pressed.

You can also activate the "navigation" bar which has a "pause" capability built in.

You can also "program" the mouse to pause whenever you press either the left or right button.

Note that if you are synchronizing the show via the timeline, you must check "Permit the control of show" opposite the "Customize synchronization" option on the Main "Project options" menu.

Hope this helps. :)

Probably because the makers want people to view their shows from beginnning to end. Also, the navigation bar, due to its present design, does not look good on a finished show. Igor is modifying it so it will be less obtrusive.

Or, they just don't think about adding such a capability to their shows.

Or, some don't know how to program the buttons?

I agree that it would be great if the "pause" feature at least was programmed for activation by one of the mouse buttons. I would like to see Igor add a "pause" feature which would be included by default, but the maker could elect to turn it off if he or she didn't want the show to be pausable. Is this plausable? :)

Jan

not having control of a show is my bug bear as well -- i feel it is improper to take control someone's system without knowing in advance.

I always try the space bar and if the show jumps ahead i have control

and

the key

pause/break

will also pause the show so you study the particular scene

and of course esc will get you out of it

ken