WnSoft Forums

Sound Missing

giljones

I propose to publish my latest experiences having previously contributed these to other questions raised by members.I purchased PTE in late January and initially made three short sequences complete with music which I produced on Windows Media Player as MP3 files. One of these sequences was then made into a complete unit and placed on a new CD for future reference. Initially when I replayed that cd it worked, Whilst working on the other sequences I noiced problems with the sound files. All I got when I tried to add sound via project options was a message telling me that the programme could not find the sound files. At this point I tried the completed cd and it refused to play producing the same message that the sound files could not be found.I also noted that all the title pages previously produced in Photo Shop Essentials had lost their coloured backgrounds and the titles apeared as small letters on the slide, nothing I have since been able to do has since reversed this situation.

In desperation I uninstalled the PTE programme and loaded it again from their site, this produced exactly the same results, no sound - similar messages and unable to create complete sequences with sound files added. I now do not know what to do, I have writtednto the producers of the programme as this currect version appears to be unstable or has a virus got at it? I note a number of members seem to have similar problems all around the same time. Has anyone yet found a way round the problem? Gilbert

PS I have tried all the suggestions put forward by members but nothing makes any difference.

This problem with the sound is affecting an increasing number of members. I had this problem some weeks ago and I thought that I had solved the problem by re-installing the PTE program (it worked OK for a while) However, the problem is now back again, i.e. no sound plays when using the 'Preview' option but plays OK if I create the final .exe file.

Clearly there is something wrong with this new version and I feel that Igor should give it some immediate attention before it all goes completely pearshaped.

Ron

Gilbert,

I just tested MP3 file, you've sent me.

PicturesToExe plays visually, but no sound. Same result in WinAmp player and in Microsoft Media Player 10. Also Media Player locked up at 2:38 position. All shows that it's an incorrectly encoded MP3 file.

Personally I use terrific free MP3 encoder - Exact Audio Copy.

It always works fine with perfect result. Maybe other members on the forum can give you more advices and help with questions of encoding of MP3.