WnSoft Forums

Using exe files in web pages and email

hjasper

Hello I'm new with this nice progra. B)

Is it possible to start the presentation linked from a web site like with streaming media?

Normally when you load an exe file in a browser it will be stopped by any virus scanner.

I have noticed that emails sent with an exe file will be kicked out by most email scanners even when the files are zipped. Is there a way to ad it a mail or sent it without being refused by mail clients or virus scanners?

misterwollie

welcome to the forum

most isp's limit how big a file you can send / receive + there is the isp mailbox size - mine is limited to 10 mb

I always zip an exe if i am going to send it by email -- but they are sometimes stopped by the person you are sending to mail system

I will leave the streaming issue to somebody else - but think you have to have flash or riva flv player

see

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&c2coff=1...nG=Search&meta=

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=owne...age=1&lv=0&so=0

these are flv files

ken

Hello I'm new with this nice progra. B)

Is it possible to start the presentation linked from a web site like with streaming media?

Normally when you load an exe file in a browser it will be stopped by any virus scanner.

I have noticed that emails sent with an exe file will be kicked out by most email scanners even when the files are zipped. Is there a way to ad it a mail or sent it without being refused by mail clients or virus scanners?

As Ken says, you need to convert a P2E AVI output to FLV flash to "stream" it - I too use Riva Producer Lite for that purpose.

The best way I know of to be certain that a zipped file containing an executable slideshow gets through the email scanners is to rename it to something else. So a file such as "myslideshow.exe" could be renamed to "myslideshow" (with no extension). Then when zipped the email scanner which looks for the .exe extension ignores it. Send instructions for the recipient to simply rename the file adding the .exe extension before trying to run it.

Lin

As Ken says, you need to convert a P2E AVI output to FLV flash to "stream" it - I too use Riva Producer Lite for that purpose.

The best way I know of to be certain that a zipped file containing an executable slideshow gets through the email scanners is to rename it to something else. So a file such as "myslideshow.exe" could be renamed to "myslideshow" (with no extension). Then when zipped the email scanner which looks for the .exe extension ignores it. Send instructions for the recipient to simply rename the file adding the .exe extension before trying to run it.

Lin

I have tried that but it’s not possible in Win XP to rename the extension.

I will try the flash program and see what I can do with it.

Thanks all, for the information.

Hj

I have tried that but it’s not possible in Win XP to rename the extension.

I will try the flash program and see what I can do with it.

Thanks all, for the information.

Hj

As Ken says, just ignore warnings for XP - there's no reason at all why you can't rename the executable files by dropping the extension.

Lin