WnSoft Forums

PTE and getting slide shows onto TV

stonemason

Whilst we wait with some anticipation for the release of PTE v5, the discussions about getting PTE slide shows onto DVD continues unabated. I include myself in the number of people who would like to see it made easier to get slide shows onto DVD, however I am begining to wonder if we are not clouding the waters somewhat. PTE is primarily a superb piece of software for creating exe slideshows for running on computers, for viewing either on a monitor or through a digital projector. I have a suggestion which Igor may like to consider, and that is to keep PTE dedicated to its core function, with the option of frameserving avi into an add-on piece of software, dedicated to PTE in which all the necessary adjustments, mentioned in other posts, such as sharpening, and colour correction could be carried out. The slideshow could then be rendered as a mpg1 or mpg2 file for use in any DVD authoring software. If Igor could create such a piece of software, I for one would be prepared to pay for this as a PTE addon for those interested in creating DVD, and would allow those just interested in exe slideshows to stick to the PTE core programme. I am no programmer, and don't even know if this is feasable, but it seems to me to be worth considering given the numbers of problems people seem to get using PTE in conjunction with various DVD software, all of which seem to vary in the way they accept input from PTE. The method outlined above would ensure that PTE and its addon mpg software always worked well together to produce the best quality mpg file possible.

Geoff

Just for Ken, can we now please discuss the suggestions outlined in the post

Whilst we wait with some anticipation for the release of PTE v5, the discussions about getting PTE slide shows onto DVD continues unabated. I include myself in the number of people who would like to see it made easier to get slide shows onto DVD, however I am begining to wonder if we are not clouding the waters somewhat. PTE is primarily a superb piece of software for creating exe slideshows for running on computers, for viewing either on a monitor or through a digital projector. I have a suggestion which Igor may like to consider, and that is to keep PTE dedicated to its core function, with the option of frameserving avi into an add-on piece of software, dedicated to PTE in which all the necessary adjustments, mentioned in other posts, such as sharpening, and colour correction could be carried out. The slideshow could then be rendered as a mpg1 or mpg2 file for use in any DVD authoring software. If Igor could create such a piece of software, I for one would be prepared to pay for this as a PTE addon for those interested in creating DVD, and would allow those just interested in exe slideshows to stick to the PTE core programme. I am no programmer, and don't even know if this is feasable, but it seems to me to be worth considering given the numbers of problems people seem to get using PTE in conjunction with various DVD software, all of which seem to vary in the way they accept input from PTE. The method outlined above would ensure that PTE and its addon mpg software always worked well together to produce the best quality mpg file possible.

Geoff

Just for Ken, can we now please discuss the suggestions outlined in the post

felcourt11

did you have a question?

i dont have a problem making dvd's from p2e

i have made enough test dvd's i could likely shingle my house -- in fact the "hawk" has volunteered his if i dont have enough -- but i cant get up on the roof any more:)

all the vcd / svcd's that i made in the beginning are just taking up space but i still have all the important mpeg2's i made with winavi and TMPGEnc on the drives so i can easily import them into nero 6.6 suite and make a dvd if the need arises -- the problem being i had to change my complete philosophy of scanning pictures and putting together shows as we progressed in our learning curve to make shows suitable fot viewing on tv or with a projector setup

I have had to give a lot of disc's away and do a lot of things for people in order to have testing facilities available, education is very costly B)

ken

ken