WnSoft Forums

Saving to CD PTE files

giljones

I have now successfully created a number of slide shows which run ok. In the interests of good mamngement and in case of future needs I decided to save to a CD copies of all my original PTE files before I created slide shows from them. Having done this I now find that none of them will read back into PTE, the computer tells me that it cannot find the files and try as I might I cannot retrieve them. What have I done wrong and is there any way of reversing the situatuion so that I can have a copy of the un created files?. Gilbert

Gilbert

save to a CD copies of all my original PTE files

what exactly did you save

did you save everything - picts music pte - exe etc

the pte by itself is just the "roadmap"

ken

[/quotE

Now you have me worried - I just tokk the pte file I used to create the sequence and saved it to cd, rather looks as if I should have saved other bits as well. t Any way round this now? Gilbert

Gilbert

each show with all it 's parts [music - picts pte exe etc] should be in a separate appropriately named folder - if not start to compile each show by making a separate folder - then when you have all the parts assembled -- make sure the show runs from that folder -- then burn the complete folders to cd

ken

Gilbert:

You might want to use the TEMPLATE option

FILE>TEMPLATE>CREATE TEMPLATE for this show

This will create a folder for you with the PTE file, the sound file and the images used in the show. (It will not copy the exe file though)

Unless you tell it otherwise, the template folder is stored in the PROGRAM FILES with PTE.

This is how I back up my shows.

You can copy the contents of the template folder to a CD

is there any way of reversing the situatuion so that I can have a copy of the un created files?.

If you didn't delete other files from your HD simply copy the pte files from CD to HD.

In case you will want to make changes to those pte files you will probably have to change their attributes and remove the "read only".