WnSoft Forums

VERY new to PTE and need help

bwise

Hello to all~

I just downloaded PTE last week and have beentrying to "play" with it to make a cd slidshow for our photography busn. I'm trying to create a cd that would have 3 slideshows that are set to music and will have auto run when the clients put them into thier computers.

As of the moment I have 3 slide shows saved and set to music and playing how I would like them to but I'm at a loss as to how to burn these 3 shows with the music and auto run. I know this has been covered somewhere online but I cant find it and need to get this figured out asap! Can anyone help? Thank you for your time...

Hello to all~

I just downloaded PTE last week and have beentrying to "play" with it to make a cd slidshow for our photography busn. I'm trying to create a cd that would have 3 slideshows that are set to music and will have auto run when the clients put them into thier computers.

As of the moment I have 3 slide shows saved and set to music and playing how I would like them to but I'm at a loss as to how to burn these 3 shows with the music and auto run. I know this has been covered somewhere online but I cant find it and need to get this figured out asap! Can anyone help? Thank you for your time...

You need a menu which comes up with the autorun and which has links to run each slideshow which the user chooses by clicking on one of the buttons. You "can" easily do this with PicturesToExe by creating or using an image you already have then creating buttons from the Object menu and assigning each to run a particular executable. You save the menu as an executable, call the menu with autorun.inf just like you would a slideshow.

An easier and perhaps quicker way if you are desperate and in a hurry is to download Granot's MultiShow Player which automates this process. Go to his site (Link Below) and download the MultiPlayer program.

Here's the Link:

http://www.thailandphotoalbum.com/

Lin

You need a menu which comes up with the autorun...

Lin

Lin.... Just a clarification, if I may ask you. I have tried to create the autorun.inf file WITHOUT the icon line. It never seemed to work. It would just open the directory of the CD, not start the PTE file. So I tried again recently and included the icon line and it worked just fine. My question is: do we really need to have the icon line in the autorun statement or was it just me doing something else incorrectly. Just curious. The statement below worked well.

[autorun]

open=menu.exe

icon=CD_Rom.ico

Gary

Lin.... Just a clarification, if I may ask you. I have tried to create the autorun.inf file WITHOUT the icon line. It never seemed to work. It would just open the directory of the CD, not start the PTE file. So I tried again recently and included the icon line and it worked just fine. My question is: do we really need to have the icon line in the autorun statement or was it just me doing something else incorrectly. Just curious. The statement below worked well.

[autorun]

open=menu.exe

icon=CD_Rom.ico

Gary

I've always found it necessary to have both lines. I don't know the inside information on why of this, but I think best to leave the icon line even if you don't have an icon. What works well for me is: (by the way it's a zero after the comma)

open=menu.exe

icon=menu.exe,0

for running an executable without an icon.

Best regards,

Lin

I've always found it necessary to have both lines. I don't know the inside information on why of this, but I think best to leave the icon line even if you don't have an icon. What works well for me is: (by the way it's a zero after the comma)

open=menu.exe

icon=menu.exe,0

for running an executable without an icon.

Best regards,

Lin

Lin.... You are goldmine for information. Thanks much... Gary

Bwise,

I have a pdf tutorial on how to create a 'One Page Menu' that will do what you require. It will be on my website very soon along with an Audio Visual CD. Meantime, send me your email address and I will send you a copy of the pdf.

Ron