WnSoft Forums

Picture alignment

grumfidum

Hi, Im all new at this but just found this nice program today, which seems much better than Powerpoint for my needs. I wish to be able to simply and fast make a goodlooking slide show with comments and navigations buttons.

My question is: How do I choose to make all the pictures added be shown in the button if horizontal, and in the left or right if vertical.. Its hard to explain, and I usually never speak english, so I hope you understand me.

A little example of what i mean.. :)

post-2943-1147469606_thumb.jpg

Is this "template" possible in a not to difficult or "one picture at the time" kinda way?

Kind regards and thanks

Michael, Denmark ;)

Michael, welcome to the Forum!

You would have to do it one slide at a time as the program cannot distinguish a vertical from a horizontal.

However, you could set up two template slides, one vertical and one horizontal, and copy the one you want to the new-slide position on the slide list as required, and then change the parameters to reflect any new comments, or browse for the correct image. Not sure if this would be faster than doing each one by hand, but at least it would ensure that each slide was in the same format as the others, whether vertical or horizontal, and that the objects used were in the same place relative to the others.

Hi, Im all new at this but just found this nice program today, which seems much better than Powerpoint for my needs. I wish to be able to simply and fast make a goodlooking slide show with comments and navigations buttons.

Michael, welcom to the forum,

The simplest way to add comments to Landscape or portrait pictures, as shown in your sketches, would be to do it in Photoshop, or a similar image management progam.

Create a background slide 1024 x 768 pixels. It can be a plain colour, textured or whatever to suit your "artistic" intention. Then, drag your picture onto, making a new layer, then size and position this new layer (leaving room for the text).

Add the text

Flatten and save as a JPG file to be imported into PTE.

Good luck and best wishes.

John

Michael,

I should have mentioned that one way to force the images into the arrangement you have shown for horizontal and vertical formats is to add them as objects in "Object Editor".

Having done that, you can copy the objects and paste them into the next slide, and the image will line-up as in the previous slide. Then change the name to the image you want, and it will appear, formatted the way you want it to be.