WnSoft Forums

Sound File in Ver.5 Beta2

JohnFeg

I've tried to add sound files to slides using the "Sound" facility on the main V.5 screen. Although the file routing and name appear, as normal, in the slot; no sound!

The files are just short "voiceovers" in mp3Pro (FGH) format. I've tried these same files in PTE V.4 and they run perfectly.

Is it simply that the "Sound" function has not yet been enabled in V.5? or have I missed something?

Grateful if somebody can shed some light.

PS Thank you Al. and Michael; the mask and the bee demos, they were appreciated.

Regards

John

John,

You're welcome - glad you liked it.

The sound via "Customize slide" or the "sound" line doesn't seem to be activated yet. You can link all your sound files together and add the finished file in "project options", though.

Al,

Yes, I thought that might be the case. Had thought about what you suggest, but, I don't want to tie myself into the inflexibility that that option would entail.

I've been playing around with V.5 for a few days and, other than for this limitation concerning sound files, I consider that, for the purposes of the particular Slideshows I'm presently working on, it is practical to work using V.5.

Version 5 really is such a monumental step change.

Perhaps Igor can give us some idea when the option to add sound to slides will be activated. If this is not to be futher into the future than, say 3 months, my plan will be to construct those new shows I have "on the slips" in V.5 and then hold them, uncompleted, until such time that the voiceover can be added.

Hope I'm not being overoptimistic!

John