WnSoft Forums

Adding Multiple mp3 files

mbe

Is it possible to have an mp3 file play for the duration of 50 slides (fading at the end), then a new mp3 file for the next 50 slides (fading), etc. for a total of 400 slides and approx. 8 songs? I'm new to PTE and not quite sure what it's capabilities are. The help screens aren't very helpful.

You can have multiple mp3's play sequentially with P2E. With the beta release, the synchronize functions are not yet implemented - they will be in the release version, but if you either use the present release version you can precisely synchronize your slides with the music.

In order to have exactly 50 slides play with one mp3 selection (when there are more than 50 slides) you would have to synchronize the first mp3 (I'm assuming you have created an mp3 with more than one song) to the first 50 slides then synchronize the second mp3 to the second fifty slides.

As far as "fading" the mp3 one would assume that it ends with a song which already fades, the majority of recorded music works like this. If not ,you would need to use an audio editor like the freeware Audacity to prepare the mp3 as you want it to fade. The is no internal provision in PicturesToExe to manipulate your mp3 - that is there is no audio editor built into P2E. The program can precisely synchronize the timing between individual slides and your background music, or it can automatically assign equal times to the "entire" mp3 background selection whether this be one or a dozen different mp3's, but it can't assign the first 50 to one mp3 and the next 50 to another mp3, you would have to manually synchronize them so that the track length of the first mp3 and the total time of display and transitions of the first 50 slides match the timing of the first of two mp3's. Ditto for the second 50 slides and the second mp3.

The audio sync power with P2E is second to none among currently available presentation slideshow programs, but there is no way to arbitrarily assign a particular number of slides to a particular mp3 unless there is only one mp3 and you set the program to automatically match the length of the audio selection. In such case P2E will take the entire length of the mp3 including any lead in and fade out silence (this is part of the file itself and can be seen in an audio editing program) then take the number of slides and transition times and divide it so that equal time is allotted to each slide and the music begins with the first slide and ends with the last second of the last transition you choose for the last slide.

Lin

Adding to what Lin has carefully explained, you can create 8 separate sequences each synchronised to their own piece of music and select Project options>Advanced>Advanced Options>Run application after last slide, inserting the next *.exe to follow for sequences 1 to 7. Sequence 8 would be set to end normally.

Ron [uK]

Thank you so very much. I'm attempting the multiple sequencing. I've created a few exe files and linked them together but when previewing the pte file they don't link together. How can I check the linking of the sequences?

Also, I've calculated the duration of each sequence and will shorten the background music to fit appropriately. Using Roxio Sound Editor, I can't seem to fade the music at the end. (I don't want the music to change abruptly between sequences.) Is Audacity the easiest to download and use?

MBE,

Welcome to the Forum!

Audacity is probably the simplest (and less expensive) solution for basic audio editing.

To check the linking, you first have to "create" each show (to ".exe" format) that you want to reference from the "Introduction" slide.