WnSoft Forums

Some New Effects using PNG, etc.

Lin Evans

After looking at AL's (Robbins) mask, I decided to try a couple and I posted a link a few days ago to a file called "eaglezoom.zip". I got to thinking that with all the power inherent in P2E 5.0 beta 2 that I could probably simulate a scenario with early evening to sunset.

I took a transparent background moon shot which I had created earlier, then I used a frame I took of a bald eagle soaring away from a perch and dupulicated it under a new name. I took the duplicate into PhotoShop and modified it to show an evening "sunset" sky and saved it to a new file name without changing any of the actual content - just the color in the clouds, etc.

I loaded the original eagle soaring away frame and the transparent moon set to low opacity (20%) to simulate the appearance of the moon in early evening while still daylight. I set the time for the slide display to 36 seconds and zoomed out on the eagle set to a keypoint near the end of the show. I set the begining opacity to 100% for the eagle frame and inserted a keypoint near the end of the show set to zero % opacity for the main eagle frame. For the moon I set the opacity near the end of the show to 100%. So far this has the effect of a daylight shot of an eagle soaring away with a dim (very light) moon in the sky. Across the timeline the light slowly fades to black and the moon slowly becomes fully opaque as the sky goes dark.

Next I added the duplicate eagle soaring frame which has the sunset and set the begining opacity to zero. At about the 15 second level I placed a keypoint setting the opacity to zero again. This keeps the effect from begining until that point so it doesn't try to gradually change to a blend in of the sunset before I wanted. Then I set another keypoint at about 22 seconds and set the opacity to 100% so that the sunset fully vests between the 15 second and 22 second periods. Then I set a finaly opacity to zero so that as the darkness falls the sunset diminishes accordingly. Finally there is three seconds of fully opaque moon with no eagle or other image.

Here's the link to see the results:

http://www.lin-evans.net/p2e/eaglezoom.zip

Best regards,

Lin