WnSoft Forums

Ability for viewer to turn down or off music

Charley

Can we expect this obvious feature to ever to included?

Hi Charley,

Welcome to the Forum ~ you posted 2 questions,viz:-

Intergrated Volume Control

When I first became involved with PTE some years ago, I asked the same question about Volume etc...

As you become more familiar with the Program you will ask yourself...What would I use to turn down the Volume had the utility been incorporated in the 1st instance

a) The Mouse ?....Thats invasive when the Program is running because it needs some sort of 'Volume Icon' on the Screen. However one of our Members "Granot" has made such a Utility and its available from his Web Site.

B)Infra-Red Remote Control ?....That needs a IR Hardware Receiver and Software....It's not a PTE problem.

c) Ultra-Sonic Remote Control ?....That also needs a Hardware Receiver and Software....It's not a PTE problem.

There is nothing to stop you from buying these things which would Remotely Control your Sound-Card ~ you see it's nothing to do with PTE at all. Furthermore most Members who give Public Shows use external Audio Power Amplifiers with Tone Controls,Speakers etc.

Moving Object Buttons

Yes, that is a "moot" problem with all versions of PTE 4.XXX - This has been corrected in Beta-5 version.

I use PTE 4.48 and the way I get around this problem is to "Test" the 'Objects Slide' for 800x600 pixels and for 1024x768 and for the next size up. After some practice you get familiar with this routine. You can change 'Screen Sizes' on the Top.LH Side Toolbar in the 'Object Slide Screen' and "Test" from there.

Hope this helps...

Brian.Conflow.

Can we expect this obvious feature to ever to included?

That would be definitely a non-essential since the user "should" have control of their own sound via the Windows features. The vast majority of newer computers have a volume control and off-on for sound as an intergral part of the system and built into their keyboards. Those which don't "should" have an icon with Volume and Mute on the lower right of the screen among the numerous icons which show what's presently running so if running in a Window they will have access. Having volume and such on a slideshow is generally limited to Active X or Flash presentations running inside a "player". For an executable show it's not usually a problem but adding this as a "feature" seems counterproductive to me.

Best regards,

Lin